Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John Halsey 59 posts 220 karma points
    Apr 30, 2014 @ 13:27
    John Halsey

'Paste From Word' into RTE not working for a user with IE11

I have a user set up who is trying to paste text from a word document using the "Paste From Word" icon (he's using IE11).

The pop-up opens, he can paste the text in but when he clicks insert, the text is still formatted (or rather some of it is) as it was in Word, which is not what we want.

It seems to work fine in other browsers.

Any ideas why IE is not playing ball (apart from the obvious "because its a pile of s**t")?

Thanks

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 30, 2014 @ 15:24
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi John

What version of Umbraco are you using? I have had many issues with this myself but most of them seem to have disappeared with the upgrade to tinymce 4 in Umbraco 7.

But must admit that I'm not sure wether this is an issue with the implementation of tinymce in Umbraco or if it's a core issue in tinymce.

/Jan

• John Halsey 59 posts 220 karma points
    Apr 30, 2014 @ 15:27
    John Halsey

Hi Jan,

We're using V6.1.6.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 30, 2014 @ 15:31
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi John

Ok, then I actually think it's an issue with tinyMce 3 - I've had this issue with this particular version of Umbraco myself.

Perhaps you could make a custom datatype based on tinyMce 4 where this should actually work from the tests I made back then...unfortunately we never got to making such a custom datatype...otherwise I would be happy to share :)

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft