Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Steve Morgan 1346 posts 4453 karma points c-trib
    Apr 23, 2014 @ 10:34
    Steve Morgan

Umbraco.TV - login bug

Hi,

I can recreate this bug but I'm not sure how I got there in the first place. Basically the login timesout after watching two or three videos - I've been successfully redirected to the login page and, after logging in, been able to continue numerous times but then something wierd happened.

I was taken to the login page but it threw an error, telling me I'd forgot my password with a couple of different .NET errors:

Forgotten your password?

Don't worry we all forget our passwords from time to time

• Error: System.ArgumentException: Value cannot be null or empty. Parameter name: url at System.Web.Mvc.RedirectResult..ctor(String url, Boolean permanent) at System.Web.Mvc.RedirectResult..ctor(String url) at Umbraco.TV.MVCBridge.Controllers.MemberAuthController.Login(TVMemberLoginViewModel model)
    I tried my password a few times and it wouldn't seemingly let me in. I left it overnight assuming the site was down for maintentance but then found it the same this morning. Then I noticed that I actually WAS logged in (my name was in the profile section in the top right and I could edit my profile) so it seems that you successfully log in but was gettin redirected to the login page (appearing to me that I wasn't logged in!).
    To recreate I opened a Discrete mode tab and logged in - I log in fine and go to the homepage. If I then manually go to http://umbraco.tv/login/ I can recreate the bug.
    If you do hit the bug you get stuck in a bit of a loop so it probably does need fixing - suggest some logic is added to the login page to redirect you home or provide some text directing the user to use the links?
    Steve

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft