Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jacqui Kipfer 20 posts 102 karma points
    Apr 18, 2014 @ 19:52
    Jacqui Kipfer

Public Access Error Page Choose link not selectable

I am using Umbraco 7.2 and IE11.  I am trying to setup restricted access to a page using Public Access and Role based.  I can choose the member group and the login page no problem, but the "Choose"  link to the Error page does not work when I try and click it.  Can anyone tell me why?  A bug maybe?  Is there a work around?

Thanks in advance.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 19, 2014 @ 09:48
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jacqui

Could you perhaps post a screendump of the issue?

I think you'll need to create a issue about it since it's probably a rendering bug.

Hope this helps.

Apr 20, 2014 @ 16:17
    Jacqui Kipfer

HI Jan,

Thanks so much for replying to my post.  I have posted an issue as you suggested.  Below is a screen shot of the link that is not working.  I tried switching my /config/UmbracoSettings.config <defaultRenderingEngine> setting back to Mvc to see if that made any difference (prompted by your coment "it's probably a rendering bug") as I had it set to WebForms for some additional WeForms development that I was doing.  It didn't help though.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 20, 2014 @ 16:27
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Jacqui

Glad you reported the issue - do you mind sharing the url to it so others can go and vote it up if they experience the same issue?

By rendering I was actually just thinking about the rendering of the html,css and javascript and not wether MVC or Webforms where being used since that does not really matter in the backoffice apart from the templates being either masterpages (.aspx) or view files (.cshtml).

Cheers, Jan

Apr 21, 2014 @ 16:38
    Jacqui Kipfer

Hi Jan,

Once again thansk for your suggestions.  The problem was that my browser window was not tall enough to allow the lik to display correctly.  Once I turned off my tool bars are tried again, I was able to get the link to work.

You can see my issue and resolution here for others who may experience this same problem.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft