Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Paul A 133 posts 368 karma points
    Apr 12, 2014 @ 01:52
    Paul A

Azure crashes when editing CSS

Anyone had probs building on Azure? I get the whole thing crashing every-so-often, usually when editing a CSS file. Any and every page bounces to an Azure err page: SiteUnavailable.htm "This site is currently not available..."

The GoLive tab says settings are fine. This doesn't happen all the time. Possibly also happens whilst editing other file types, not sure. 

Umbraco v6.1.6

uCommerce 5.2.3.14050

• Peter Gregory 408 posts 1614 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Apr 12, 2014 @ 02:09
    Peter Gregory

I had a similar issue with Azure Websites which we put down to it exceeding its subscription limits after deployments. I wasnt the sys admin on that one but as far as I know he up'd the counters and the issue went away. It usually happened to us after a deployments.

Does the site come back after the error? Or is the site down until you kick the instance?

I wonder if its related to file permissions?

Peter

• Paul A 133 posts 368 karma points
    Apr 12, 2014 @ 02:31
    Paul A

How do you mean 'exceeding subscription limits'? Are there limits on (example) number of sites you can run or somthing like that? This site runs fine 90% of the time (still in dev, and it's not a huge site). 

Stupid question, but how do I edit/check file permissions on Azure? I'm new there and wondering around blind! In a previous hunt for answers in that direction, various posts had suggested file permissions wasn't something to worry about on Azure.

• Robert Foster 459 posts 1820 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Apr 12, 2014 @ 03:49
    Robert Foster

Check the Mode you're running the website in, if you have access to the Azure Portal, make sure you have it scaled so that it has enough resources - for example, Free won't cut it for Umbraco, and Shared may be borderline due to memory restrictions.  You may want to scale it up to Basic, even just temporarily while editing the site.

After you're done editing though, it's quite likely you could scale it back down again.

Edit: File permissions should never be a problem with Azure - how did you deploy though?  Was it through VS Deployments, or did you use FTP or one of the other methods?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft