Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• James Brooksbank 2 posts 22 karma points
    Apr 07, 2014 @ 09:43
    James Brooksbank

TinyMCE and Internet Explorer

Hi, I have a client who has been experiencing problems adding links and images into the RTE within the Umbraco backend. The version is 6.1.6, 

When IE (any version from 7 up) the TinyMCE does load up, but when we try and add a link, nothing happens. When we try and preview the HTML, the pop up is blank even though there is content added.

I've been trying to find a solution to this, with no joy, I'm trying to decide whether to upgrade to version 7 or even 6.2.0, but without confirmation of a resolution to this bug in the next version, I'm uncomfortable with proceeding down that road.

I would like to post an error, but there is none, the only one I can get is by using the web developer tools, I get a 

"SCRIPT16389: Incorrect function." when trying to view the html, no error when adding a link.

Changing browser is not an option for the client, so i have to find a fix for this. Please can anyone point me in the right direction.

Thankyou in advance.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 07, 2014 @ 10:22
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi James and welcome to our :)

I think the best you can do right now is to file this as a bug report on the issue tracker. I have a susspision though that it's an issue with the core of tinymce rather than the Umbraco implementation.

But the best way to make aware of the problem is using the issue tracker and then the HQ guys can have a look and figure out where things go wrong.

Cheers, Jan

• James Brooksbank 2 posts 22 karma points
    Apr 07, 2014 @ 10:46
    James Brooksbank

Thank you Jan, I have put that on the issue tracker. If I get a result I will post here.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft