Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anne Uth 23 posts 43 karma points
    Apr 04, 2014 @ 12:07
    Anne Uth

umbraco TreeDataService.ashx timeout

Hi,

I have a site that suddenly stop showing the content tree.

I can see that i get an error at

http://XXX.com/umbraco/webservices/TreeDataService.ashx?rnd=809344e5977848a0a87cfc7f7f4e4a89&id=-1&treeType=content&contextMenu=true&isDialog=false&rnd2=45.8
        /umbraco/webservices/TreeDataService.ashx

I have tried to download it to local envorioment and made and update from 6.0.0 to 6.0.6. It now works locally but when i try to put i on the live server, the same error occurs.

I have tried to give different identitys to the IIS and i have made sure that the IIS, app pool and network service have full control over the site folder.

Does any one have a solution to this? 

It is only the content tree that does not show. Media, settings, developer etc. shows correctly.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 04, 2014 @ 12:33
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Anne and welcome to our :)

Have you checked the /app_data/logs file on your server to see if that reveals anything? And have you checked the server logs as well?

Are there any changes made to the site since it started to happen? Have you tried recycling the app pool?

/Jan

Apr 04, 2014 @ 12:59
    Anne Uth

I have tried to recycle app pool and there have been nothing change on the server or in umbraco. 

The log is full with this:

2014-03-28 00:02:58,231 [10] INFO  Umbraco.Core.Persistence.UmbracoDatabase - [Thread 34]    at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection, Action`1 wrapCloseInAction)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean callerHasConnectionLock, Boolean asyncClose)

at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.TryRun(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj, Boolean& dataReady)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.TryConsumeMetaData()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite, SqlDataReader ds)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, TaskCompletionSource`1 completion, Int32 timeout, Task& task, Boolean asyncWrite)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)

at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader()

at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Database.<Query>d__1c`1.MoveNext()

Apr 07, 2014 @ 00:02
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Anne

Has there been a hickup on the database server perhaps? Or has something weird happened to the connection string perhaps?

/Jan

Apr 07, 2014 @ 07:02
    Anne Uth

I cant see that there have been some error to the database. No log with errors. Anyother way to see what have happened and how to correct it?

Apr 07, 2014 @ 09:04
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Anne

Are there some server logs on your database server?

/Jan

Apr 07, 2014 @ 09:32
    Anne Uth

There are server logs on the server, but there are nothing in them indicating errors.

I got the error reported from the customer on the 24/3 and i dont see any errors on the server. But the umbraco log keeps pilling up the error i posted earlier.

Do you have any suggestions to what i can do? I have tried to make a copy to local and update to version 6.0.6 and then it works. But when i put it on the server it does not work. I have even tried a different server than the one it is on now.

Apr 07, 2014 @ 09:33
    Anne Uth

The live servers CPU is also going to nearly 100% when trying to open umbraco backend on the live version. 

• Thomas Jeppesen 3 posts 23 karma points
    Apr 14, 2014 @ 12:28
    Thomas Jeppesen

Hey Jan Skovgaard - did you follow up on this issue? We are not seeing any activity anymoree - did you abandon the issue?

Apr 14, 2014 @ 14:22
    Jan Skovgaard

Hey Thomas

No I did not follow up - Please remember that I'm trying my best to help people out on the forum but that I'm doing it as a volunteer in my spare time - As you can imagine I receive a lot of e-mails from the forum and occasionally I miss out on some of them :)

Sometimes I don't add further questions or suggestions because I'm out of ideas and hoping someone else know what is going on and sometimes I miss a post. After all...I'm only human.

But in regards to the issue I think I would try to double check that all permissions has been setup correctly.

It's usually permissions that tends to be the issue.

In some ocassions it's a good idea to check the /config folder and see if the trees.config has been corrupted for some weird reason.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Thomas Jeppesen 3 posts 23 karma points
    Apr 17, 2014 @ 08:11
    Thomas Jeppesen

Jan - you effort in heping is much appreciated. Make no mistake - I know this is not your real job. However, I was in need of knowing if we needed to think for alternative solutions. We have actually done this - and it is working. It involved setting up a new database and moving the content manually.

Thanks again for your help!

Apr 17, 2014 @ 12:43
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Thomas

Glad to hear you managed to find a solution - and thanks for sharing :) Sometimes it's just better to start fresh and move on.

Have a nice easter break.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft