Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John Halsey 59 posts 220 karma points
    Apr 03, 2014 @ 12:00
    John Halsey

Umbraco site live on server but cannot save CSS file.

I have a new website which has gone live on a testing domain.

The site works properly. Umbraco seems to work for most things except I cannot save the css file, I get an error saying

Stylesheet not saved - please make sure that you have permissions set correctly

I also cannot save a razor macro file, it simply says

Scripting file cannot be saved

I've had a look in the web.config file but I'm not sure where I need to make any changes (if any changes need to be made in there).

Any suggestions?

I'm also having a problem where the save button refuses to do anything when trying to save a template. No error message, nothing. (Don't know if the issues are related?)

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 03, 2014 @ 12:39
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi John

What is your live environment? Is it a hosted solution or do you host it yourself?

It's important that permissions have been setup correctly (network service and iusr should have sufficient permissions on the umbraco root folder).

You can read more about permissions here

/Jan

• Dennis Aaen 4499 posts 18254 karma points admin hq c-trib
    Apr 03, 2014 @ 12:43
    Dennis Aaen

Hi John,

To me it sounds like that you not have right folder permissions on the server, where you site are on.

If you´re using Umbraco 6, you could go to the developer section, and click on the second tab, there you have uGoLive, there you can run some checks, and one of them are check for the right folder permissions.

Hope this helps,

/Dennis

• John Halsey 59 posts 220 karma points
    Apr 04, 2014 @ 10:37
    John Halsey

Thanks for your replies.

yes it was a permissions issue. I had to add the IIS_USER user to web.config file and allow full access. Now it saves fine on templates, css and scripts.

Thank you

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft