Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Zakhar 171 posts 397 karma points
    Mar 24, 2014 @ 11:37
    Zakhar

Can't delete nodes, backend tries to load js which never existed

I've encountered a very strange error today, Umbraco suddenly stopped deleting nodes (content, members etc,) with a strange behaviour. I've looked into Chrome console and it looks like the backend tries to load files which never existed. See the screenshot:

screenshot

There is no /WebForms folder under /Scripts and and it looks like never was. I use Umbraco v 6.1.6. I've seen similar questions here but the issue is always different.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 24, 2014 @ 11:43
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Zakhar

Has anything changed on the server where you're running Umbraco? Or has there bin some custom API integration, which may cause this?

Have you checked the /app_data/logs file to see if that reveals more usefull information?

Could permissions for some reason have been messed up?

Not sure if it would help but could you try to delete the temporary examine files in /app_data/temp/examineIndexes

/Jan

Mar 24, 2014 @ 12:07
    Zakhar

Hi Jan,

Thank you for quick reply.

The site is currently in development and is running on my local machine.

Nothing has changed really, logs don't show anything related.

Tried to delete indexes, but it didn't help.

The site is under source control (TFS), I know it can lock files but I didn't have any major problems with this so far. I have it opened in VS, and have a localhost IIS website pointed to the folder so I run it locally.

Anyway, I don't see how it can be related. I've looked at the html source code of the backend, it does contain these two lines:

<script src="../Scripts/WebForms/MsAjax/MicrosoftAjax.js" type="text/javascript"></script>
    <script src="../Scripts/WebForms/MsAjax/MicrosoftAjaxWebForms.js" type="text/javascript"></script>

I'm confused now, it used to work last week, although these files weren't there, what are they for?

Thank you.

Mar 24, 2014 @ 14:51
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Zakhar

Are there other people developing on the site? Perhaps they made some changes/added some files?

Otherwise it might be worth double checking permissions?

/Jan

Mar 24, 2014 @ 15:27
    Zakhar

Hi Jan,

I can't really see how adding files or changed permissions can cause the fact that Umbraco backend requests js files that don't exist? Can you explain a bit? Is it possible that some package can change the template/masterpage or anything else? Is it what you mean?

If something was changed in Umbraco pages (e.g. masterpage, dll or javascript files), can I just replace them with initial umbraco download?

Mar 24, 2014 @ 17:45
    Zakhar

Ok, I found the files it wants here: http://www.asp.net/ajaxlibrary/CDNAjax4.ashx

And put them where it whats them. Everything works now, I'm curious what happened though, any ideas?

Cheers, Zakhar

Mar 24, 2014 @ 18:40
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Zakhar

Perhaps it's happened if someone else on your team by mistake deleted the files unintentionally?

Glad you managed to have the issue fixed. Not sure why it happened though.

If it happens again and you're certain it's not because of the version control etc. then please do add an issue to http://issues.umbraco.org/issues

Cheers, Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft