Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andy 8 posts 28 karma points
    Mar 14, 2014 @ 23:37
    Andy

Nodes dissappearing v7.0.4

Hi all, I'm new to Umbraco and finally got my head around the learning curve when I loaded up a site I was working on (local machine running in Visual Studio) and most of the nodes had dissapeared from the content tree (about 15 out of 18 total)

When I run the site the pages were all still there (including the nodes that had dissapeared in the backend) until I tried the republish URL at which point they all vanished, leaving me with just the 3 pages that I can still see in the content tree. If I type the names of the pages in the search bar in the top left of the backoffice they appear, but If i click on them I get this : 

Request error:
    The URL returned a 404 (not found): 

/umbraco/backoffice/UmbracoTrees/ContentTree/GetMenu

I thought this must have just been my inexperience to blame the first time it happened, but it has happened again on another site today yet I know that when I stopped working on it yesterday, everything was running fine.

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 15, 2014 @ 00:30
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Andy and welcome to our :)

Are you by any chance using IIS express to run your site? (I'm guessing so because you're using Visual studio) And is the database you're running SQL CE?

If so that may be the problem. I have seen this happening before but using IIS instead of IIS express solves the issue.

Not really sure if it's a bug with IIS express and SQL CE or if it is in fact Umbraco related.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

• Andy 8 posts 28 karma points
    Mar 20, 2014 @ 13:09
    Andy

Thanks for the quick response Jan (unlike my own!)

Correct and correct. All I'm doing is starting a new empty web app in VS, install umbraco with nuget then just running straight away (And selecting SQL CE on set up)

Forgive my ignorance, but how would I go about moving this to IIS?

Cheers

Andy 

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 20, 2014 @ 13:50
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Andy

Better late than never ;-)

Ok, then I'm certain that's the issue.

However I'm no Visual Studio wizard (Frontend guy in love with Sublime text) so I'm not sure where you can change it so that the site is launched using IIS instead of IIS express.

But if you're okay with it then you should be able to just setup a local development domain in your hosts file like

127.0.0.1mysite.dev.local

And then create a website in IIS and set the binding to mysite.dev.local and make sure the app pool is running ASP.NET 4 / Integrated mode

Hope this helps! :)

/Jan 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft