Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Nick 2 posts 22 karma points
    Feb 04, 2014 @ 17:00
    Nick

Font Issues

Hey Guys,
       Before i Start asking for help please be aware that i have no background in Web Development im currently training. Im working on live projects with my new job but my role is more of Office Manager than Developer but i like to help out where i can. Were in the middle of a massive project and the team are very busy so i though id ask for some insight into a problem im facing;

We have a set Style dropdown within Umbraco with 2 fonts, 3 colors and 3 sizes available. The fonts are Helvetica and Rooney with fallbacks Arial & Sans-serif. Helvetica works fine, selecting it will change the font but rooney is having some unexpected results When selected. The Style is set like this in Umbraco

color:#000 !important; font-family:Rooney, Arial, Sans-serif; font-size: 36px; font-weight;

At first rooney was showing as Arial, so we removed the fallbacks

color:#000 !important; font-family:Rooney; font-size: 36px; font-weight;

now it displays as Times New Roman.

We have the lisence from myfonts.com and the correct URL set in custom-fonts.css
    Id rather not bother the team with this at the moment as theyre busy on major tasks but the Client needs the styling spot on for launch so can anyone help me get this working?

• Nick 2 posts 22 karma points
    Feb 04, 2014 @ 18:01
    Nick

Sorry, Forgot to mention Im using Umbraco 4.11.10

• Kevin Jump 2310 posts 14695 karma points MVP 7x c-trib
    Feb 04, 2014 @ 18:22
    Kevin Jump

Hi Nick - it sounds like it's failing back to Times because it's not getting the rooney font from anywhere.

is this in the editor or on the site ?

if it's in the editor, you need to make sure the customer-fonts.css is ticked on the Richeditor Data type (developer -> datatypes -> Richtext editor) there you set what stylesheets are loaded in as part of the editor window.

If it's on the site then it's a similar issue, but quite hard to work through without seeing the code. i would look at the site in chrome, use the developer tools (right click - inspect element on the page) and then see if there are any missing files in the resources tab, and / or error on the console tab.

hope that gives you some pointers.

• Fuji Kusaka 2203 posts 4220 karma points
    Feb 04, 2014 @ 20:20
    Fuji Kusaka

Hi Nick,

What is usually do is create a new stylesheet lets say for e.g

Settings > Stylesheet > Editor.css (which is usually leave as a blank css file)

Right Click on Editor.css to create some other child css stylesheet such as Helvetica, Rooney etc.

In Helvetica you can make use of

color:#000 !important; font:bold 36px/40px Helvetica, Arial, Sans-serif; 

amd Rooney

color:#000 !important; font:bold 36px/40px Rooney, Arial, Sans-serif; 

Remember to add this to the RTE now Developer > DataType > RTE then check  Related stylesheets  > Editor. 

You should be able to access both Helvetica and Rooney from your RTE.

//fuji

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft