Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• RuneO 36 posts 116 karma points
    Jan 29, 2014 @ 12:40
    RuneO

Error in AuthorizeUpgrade.aspx

I'm trying to upgrade an Umbraco 4.5.2 solution to 7.0.2.

As usual you get prompted for a backoffice admin password to be able to start the upgrade. But when posting back the credentials the following error occurs:

"Message":"An error has occurred.","ExceptionMessage":"You must set the singleton 'Umbraco.Core.Persistence.SqlSyntax.SqlSyntaxContext' to use an sql syntax provider\r\nParameter name: SqlSyntaxProvider","ExceptionType":"System.ArgumentNullException","StackTrace":"   at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.SqlSyntax.SqlSyntaxContext.get_SqlSyntaxProvider()\r\n   at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Mappers.BaseMapper.GetColumnName(Type dtoType, PropertyInfo dtoProperty)\r\n   at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Mappers.BaseMapper.Map(String propertyName)\r\n   at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Querying.ModelToSqlExpressionHelper`1.VisitMemberAccess(MemberExpression m)\r\n   at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Querying.ModelToSqlExpressionHelper`1.Visit(Expression exp)\r\n   at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Querying.ModelToSqlExpressionHelper`1.VisitMethodCall(MethodCallExpression m)\r\n   at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Querying.ModelToSqlExpressionHelper`1.Visit(Expression exp)\r\n   at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Querying.ModelToSqlExpressionHelper`1.VisitLambda(LambdaExpression lambda)\r\n   at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Querying.ModelToSqlExpressionHelper`1.Visit(Expression exp)\r\n   at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Querying.Query`1.Where(Expression`1 predicate)\r\n   at Umbraco.Core.Services.UserService.GetByUsername(String login)\r\n   at Umbraco.Web.Security.WebSecurity.GetBackOfficeUser(String username)\r\n   at Umbraco.Web.Editors.AuthenticationController.PostLogin(LoginModel loginModel)\r\n   at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object[] )\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.<>c__DisplayClass13.b__c(Object instance, Object[] methodParameters)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.ActionExecutor.Execute(Object instance, Object[] arguments)\r\n   at System.Web.Http.Controllers.ReflectedHttpActionDescriptor.<>c__DisplayClass5.b__4()\r\n   at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskHelpers.RunSynchronously[TResult](Func`1 func, CancellationToken cancellationToken)"

In the log a single line is added, which makes me think that the login itself is ok:

2014-01-28 13:40:53,484 [14] INFO  umbraco.BusinessLogic.Log - [Thread 12] Redirected log call (please use Umbraco.Core.Logging.LogHelper instead of umbraco.BusinessLogic.Log) | Type: Login | User: 0 | NodeId: -1 | Comment: User admin has logged in

I've also tried to upgrade the database in steps: From 4.5.2 to 4.11.10 to 6.1.6 to 7.0.2. Everything goes well but the last upgrade to 7.0.2.

I've also tried with a fresh empty 7.0.2 installation pointing to the 4.5.2 database. Without any configuration or files from the website, but with the same result.

Could it be a bug?

Regards,
    Rune

• Matt Parkinson 12 posts 65 karma points
    Jan 31, 2014 @ 12:12
    Matt Parkinson

Hi Renu,

Have a look at my similar experience on this post, hope it helps.

Regards,

Matt

Jan 31, 2014 @ 12:40
    RuneO

Looks promising - how did I miss your post while searching for answers?

Thanks for your reply. Will look into it in a few days and post here when I know more.

Regards,
    Rune

Feb 12, 2014 @ 14:18
    RuneO

Hey Matt,

Did you manually merge in the entire schema from your 6.1.6 database to the blank 7.0.2 database?

How did you solve the differences in datatypes? And the overlap of different types of ids?

I have now tried to manually merge data from my 6.1.6 database to an empty 7.0.2 Umbraco database. But most datatypes has a different definition in 7.0.2. Did you delete the 7.0.2 definitions and reused your 6.1.6 definitions, or the other way around? I reckon the latter will require changes elsewhere in the database too.

Regards,
    Rune

• Matt Parkinson 12 posts 65 karma points
    Feb 12, 2014 @ 14:51
    Matt Parkinson

Hi Rune,

I completed a Schema Compare using Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools and updated the target schema (Umbraco 6.1.6 database) to match the source schema (blank 7.0.2 database).

I don't remember having problems with the data types, but my site only uses the standard Umbraco data types, could the below be related to your problem:

Property Editors: Legacy property editors (pre v7) will not work with Umbraco v7. During the upgrade installation process Umbraco will generate a report showing you which legacy property editors are installed, these will all be converted to a readonly Label property editor. No data loss will occur but you'll need to re-assign your existing data types to use a new compatible v7 property editor.

Found in the v7 Upgrade Guide

Matt

Feb 12, 2014 @ 15:29
    RuneO

Hej again,

Aha, that might help me. I did the compare the other way around from the 6.1.6 to the 7.0.2 to be able to use new datatypes and similar new stuff in v7. So what I tried was to copy all content data into the 7.0.2 database but keep the 7.0.2 settings.

That didn't work for several reasons like new standard datatypes in v7 has the same ids as some of my custom datatypes in v6 (there were fewer standard in v6 and therefore custom ones started at a lower id).

But maybe I should just accept that to upgrade to v7 I cannot get to use some of the new stuff if I go this way. I'll try this out soon.

Thanks for your reply :-)

Regards,
    Rune

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft