Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Wouter 3 posts 23 karma points
    Nov 21, 2013 @ 13:37
    Wouter

Umbraco 7 MySQL datatype error

This is an error I get when I use the MySQL database type with Umbraco 7 @ admin panel.

(I'm not sure if this is the right section...)

Failed to retreive data for application tree content

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '[user] = 0)' at line 3

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlException: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '[user] = 0)' at line 3

Stack Trace:

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket()

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int32& affectedRow, Int64& insertedId)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.GetResult(Int32 statementId, Int32& affectedRows, Int64& insertedId)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.NextResult(Int32 statementId, Boolean force)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult()

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)

at StackExchange.Profiling.Data.ProfiledDbCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) in c:\Code\github\SamSaffron\MiniProfiler\StackExchange.Profiling\Data\ProfiledDbCommand.cs:line 235

at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader()

at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Database.d__7`1.MoveNext() in f:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\e1a0ddf7a1349eaf\src\Umbraco.Core\Persistence\PetaPoco.cs:line 773

at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)

at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)

at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Database.Fetch[T](String sql, Object[] args) in f:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\e1a0ddf7a1349eaf\src\Umbraco.Core\Persistence\PetaPoco.cs:line 611

at Umbraco.Core.Persistence.Database.Fetch[T](Sql sql) in f:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\e1a0ddf7a1349eaf\src\Umbraco.Core\Persistence\PetaPoco.cs:line 616

at Umbraco.Core.Services.UserService.GetUserSections(IUser user) in f:\TeamCity\buildAgent\work\e1a0ddf7a1349eaf\src\Umbraco.Core\Services\UserService.cs:line 170

at Umbraco.Web.Security.WebSecurity.UserHasAppAccess(String app, IUser user)

• julius 107 posts 289 karma points
    Dec 05, 2013 @ 23:12
    julius

Same problem here. I posted my own issue before I found this one. 

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/46674-U701-build-200-Failed-to-retrieve-data-for-application-tree-content 

This is a problem specific to Mysql. I didn't encounter this problem on MSSQL.

• Brian Powell 44 posts 199 karma points c-trib
    Dec 09, 2013 @ 15:47
    Brian Powell

This problem was fixed in the source code on December 5. 7.0.1 Nightly Build 200 was created before the fix was applied.

• James Kemp 2 posts 22 karma points
    Jan 25, 2014 @ 23:57
    James Kemp

This issue still exists in Umbraco 7.0.2. Just did a fresh install and when I go to create a new doc type or template I get this error

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '[user] = 0' at line 1

Stack Trace:

[MySqlException (0x80004005): You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '[user] = 0' at line 1]
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket() +276
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.NativeDriver.GetResult(Int32& affectedRow, Int64& insertedId) +68
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.GetResult(Int32 statementId, Int32& affectedRows, Int64& insertedId) +17
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.Driver.NextResult(Int32 statementId, Boolean force) +110
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlDataReader.NextResult() +761
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +1699
       MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +4
       System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +10
       StackExchange.Profiling.Data.ProfiledDbCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +68
       System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader() +12
       Umbraco.Core.Persistence.<Query>d__7`1.MoveNext() +265
       System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection) +381
       System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList(IEnumerable`1 source) +58
       umbraco.BusinessLogic.User.GetApplications() +223
       Umbraco.Web.UI.LegacyDialogTask.ValidateUserForApplication() +36
       Umbraco.Web.UI.LegacyDialogHandler.UserHasCreateAccess(HttpContextBase httpContext, User umbracoUser, String nodeType) +37
       Umbraco.Web.UI.Umbraco.CreateDialog.SecurityCheck(String nodeTypeAlias) +71
       Umbraco.Web.UI.Umbraco.CreateDialog.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +50
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +54
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +772

What is the fix / work arround for this?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft