Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rhebel 8 posts 28 karma points
    Oct 25, 2013 @ 21:24
    Rhebel

Integrating spell checker

We've been looking for a different spell checker since the Google one isn't supported anymore. 

Many of our sites are on older version of Umbraco but at least need a solution working with 4.11.

I have looked at all the forum topics involving spell checker and done a lot of searching on Google. We were able to get HunSpellChecker to work on Umbraco 4.11, but it appers to be a toggle and requires being toggled off and on to run the spell check.

We looked into http://www.webspellchecker.net/samples/scayt-tinymce-plugin.html but that is a paid tool. 

HunSpellChecker would be perfect if it wasn't a toggle but I don't see any way to change that to be a button click. 

Are there any alternatives that are simple plugins that don't require a lot of setup or licensing?

• Dallas 132 posts 404 karma points
    Oct 26, 2013 @ 02:30
    Dallas

hi Rhebel

What do you mean by a toggle? The HunSpell Checker is implemented the same way as the standard (Google) spell checker.

Another option is that some browsers have spell check functionality and highlight any spelling mistakes.

Dallas

• Rhebel 8 posts 28 karma points
    Oct 29, 2013 @ 18:32
    Rhebel

Hi Dallas, 

When I use HunSpell the spell check was a toggle (on/off). When clicked it would check the spelling but anything newly typed in wouldn't get checked. To check new stuff I had to toggle it off then on again.

Does that make sense?

Thanks,

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft