Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Gregg 4 posts 24 karma points
    Sep 27, 2013 @ 06:19
    Gregg

Performance issues & database locks since 6.1.2

Has anyone experienced issues when publishing and uploading media since they updated to version 6.1.2?

I have noticed that publishing had become much slower on my site.

I extended my testing so myself and 4 coleagues all try to publish & upload media at the same time, Umbraco really struggles and then crashes. The only way to recover is either recycle the application pool or find the database lock and release it.

I have spent time rolling back through my code and releases and the problems start with the update to version 6.1.2. If we repeat our group test using version 6.1.1 Umbraco stands up with no problems. 6.1.2 & .3 & .4 & .5 all exhibt this problem.

If any one else has experienced any similar problem please let me know.

• Martin Lingstuyl 202 posts 379 karma points
    Nov 20, 2013 @ 10:26
    Martin Lingstuyl

I did just have trouble when uploading a few media files at once: umbraco logs out and sometimes even applicationpool crashes.

I havent solved it though. So If you have some solution to this, please let me know.

this is in umbraco 6.1.6.

Martin

• Gregg 4 posts 24 karma points
    Nov 20, 2013 @ 20:33
    Gregg

Hi Martin,

My problems seem to have been caused by Courier2. If you have Courier installed and you are receiving lots of NHibernate errors then I would recommend un-installing Courier and seeing if you issue is resolved.

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/umbraco-pro/courier/45240-Courier-causing-unstable-environment

• Martin Lingstuyl 202 posts 379 karma points
    Nov 22, 2013 @ 12:02
    Martin Lingstuyl

hmm, too bad, I'm not using courier..

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft