Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• lothar 25 posts 99 karma points
    Aug 28, 2013 @ 17:11
    lothar

Copy node to root gives null reference

I have a node right under the root.

This is a node that has nodes under it for a specific language.

Now I want to copy these content for another language with the option 'Relate copied items to original'.

When I copy that node to the root it gives me the following error

Server Error in '/' Application.

Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.dialogs.moveOrCopy.HandleDocumentMoveOrCopy() +402
       umbraco.dialogs.moveOrCopy.HandleMoveOrCopy(Object sender, EventArgs e) +47
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e) +9552602
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +103
       System.Web.UI.WebControls.Button.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
       System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +35
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1724

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.18045

Can somebody help me?

I'm using umbraco 6.1.2

• Dallas 132 posts 404 karma points
    May 01, 2014 @ 02:17
    Dallas

Did you ever solve this issue? We are having a similar probem in v6.1.6. A root node was accidentally deleted and when we try to move it from Recycle Bin to the root we get the error described above.

Dallas

• Dallas 132 posts 404 karma points
    May 01, 2014 @ 02:26
    Dallas

Looks like it was a bug in v6.1.2 and was fixed in v6.1.3.

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-2494

Dallas

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft