This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ingrid 11 posts 32 karma points
    May 03, 2013 @ 12:26
    Ingrid

Saving Master template with <script> tags doesn't work

Umbraco 4.7.2
    ASP.Net 4.0
    Windows 2003 with IIS6

I have two different sites on a production server, and for these two sites also a version on a development server, in which I cannot save my Master templates on the top level.

The only thing these templates have in common are the <script> tags in the head (with a runat="server" attribute). Around the same time, on production and dvelopment servers, the problems started.

When my <head> tag looks like this:

<head runat="server">
    <title><umbraco:Macro Alias="SiteTitle" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro></title>
     <link href="/css/mystylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://www.google.com/recaptcha/api/js/recaptcha_ajax.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.8.1/jquery.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="//platform.linkedin.com/in.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/scripts/jquery.livetwitter-1.7.0.min.js"></script>
    <script type="text/javascript" src="/scripts/myfunctions.js"></script>
    <umbraco:Macro Alias="FacebookMetaTags" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro>
    <asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="metaTags" runat="server"/>
    </head>

I am unable to save the template. I get the 'generic' errormessage in the bubble on the bottom right corner:

"Template not saved. Please make sure that you do not have 2 templates with the same alias."

When I remove all the script tags, I am able to save the template, so like this:

<head runat="server">
    <title><umbraco:Macro Alias="SiteTitle" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro></title>
    <link href="/css/mystylesheet.css" rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" />
    <umbraco:Macro Alias="FacebookMetaTags" runat="server"></umbraco:Macro>
    <asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="metaTags" runat="server"/>
    </head>

We installed some Windows updates on all servers, about 3 weeks ago. Could this be the cause of these new issues?

Does anyone have an idea how to solve or further troubleshout this?

Thanks,
    Ingrid

• Jon Dunfee 199 posts 468 karma points
    Jul 03, 2013 @ 07:59
    Jon Dunfee

You are not the only one.  I went ahead and submitted a ticket:  http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-2451

If you have direct access to the file system through WebMatrix, Remoting or FTP, just edit the file directly for now.  It's not necessarily an Umbraco thing, but IIS sniffing a potential security threat in the post and blows chow at you for it.

• Connie DeCinko 931 posts 1160 karma points
    Apr 20, 2016 @ 15:02
    Connie DeCinko

Experiencing the same issue with Umbraco 6.2.6. Can save fine on dev but not on prod.

I narrowed it down to a simple function call. If all I have is this:

<script>
        $(function() {
        });
    </script>

saving fails. Something simple in there and no issues, saves right away.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft