Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Keith Bamberger 26 posts 106 karma points
    Apr 06, 2013 @ 19:17
    Keith Bamberger

Page.ClientScript.GetPostBackEventReference has stopped working for me, custom usercontrol. umbraco 4.11.6

Hi , 

I have some quite complex usercontrols, that i have had installed since umbraco 4.7.2.

I have last week upgraded to umbraco 4.11.6 and found that my usercontrols now didnt work where i am needing some custom postbacks. The form appears to postback, however all textbox values are empty, as if the form has not been posted back at all?

I today have updated step for step from 4.7.2 to 4.11.6 and all has been fine with every step (4.8.0, 4.8.1, 4.9.0,4.9.1, 4.10.1) but as soon as i get to 4.11.6 it stops working. I have of course been looking about in some forums, and i have a runat="server" form, + eventwireup = true on my usercontrol, but that shouldnt be a problem as its umbraco i have updated not the usercontrol, and as stated the usercontrol has worked just fine until now.

if i add a button and click that then all is as expected, but i have some javascripts that i need to run before, and the items im clicking are not buttons that i can add an on click to (And runat=server).

I am creating a postback script like this : 

Public partial class usercontrols_DoSomething : System.Web.UI.UserControl{

protected string myCustomPostBack;

protected void Page_Load(object sender, EventArgs e){

myCustomPostBack= Page.ClientScript.GetPostBackEventReference(this, "dosomething");

/*Handle checkbox updates for Discounts*/

if (Page.IsPostBack){

string eArg = Request["__EVENTARGUMENT"];

switch (eArg)

{

case "dosomething":

doSomething();

break;

}

}

protected void doSomething(){

Response.Write("HERE is Something");