Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• djscorch 67 posts 106 karma points
    Apr 04, 2013 @ 12:19
    djscorch

Spell check error

I'm getting the following error in the back end when you click the ABC button...

You must write ContentLength bytes to the request stream before calling [Begin]GetResponse.

Anyone had similar?

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Apr 04, 2013 @ 13:21
    Dan Diplo

Yes, I get the same in 4.11.5 site :(

Apr 04, 2013 @ 13:27
    djscorch

I'm 4.7.1.1

Strange, as mine was working.

Not sure if there have been any recent changes to the Google spell checker?

Apr 04, 2013 @ 15:43
    djscorch

Error response:  

You must write ContentLength bytes to the request stream before calling [Begin]GetResponse.

Server Error in '/' Application.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Net.ProtocolViolationException: You must write ContentLength bytes to the request stream before calling [Begin]GetResponse.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ProtocolViolationException: You must write ContentLength bytes to the request stream before calling [Begin]GetResponse.] System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse() +6442454 umbraco.presentation.umbraco_client.tinymce3.plugins.spellchecker.GoogleSpellChecker.SendRequest(String lang, String data) +375 umbraco.presentation.umbraco_client.tinymce3.plugins.spellchecker.GoogleSpellChecker.CheckWords(String language, String[] words) +115 umbraco.presentation.umbraco_client.tinymce3.plugins.spellchecker.GoogleSpellChecker.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context) +143 System.Web.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +341 System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +69 

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.17929 Ok

• gary 385 posts 916 karma points
    Apr 05, 2013 @ 19:29
    gary

Hi

Had notification today of an update to Google spellchecker - haven't investigated yet, but maybe it is something in that?

G

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Apr 05, 2013 @ 20:55
    Dan Diplo

I've added this as an issue on Umbraco Issue log - http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-2060 

Feel free to vote for it!

• Dallas 132 posts 404 karma points
    Apr 06, 2013 @ 00:22
    Dallas

Could be related to this

"Google Spell Goes Down - and no one notices"

http://www.brokentone.com/blog/2566/

• Adrian Holland 29 posts 106 karma points
    Jul 31, 2013 @ 03:06
    Adrian Holland

The Google spellchecker service this relies on (https://www.google.com/tbproxy/spellmay have been turned off for good.

An alternative is the HunSpellChecker plugin

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft