Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Marcel Wauters 1 post 21 karma points
    Feb 28, 2013 @ 09:11
    Marcel Wauters

Session lost in IE10 - unable to login

I recently ran into a problem that I was able to fix after a couple of hours searching the web.
    I thought that it would be a good idea to share the solution here in case somebody will run into the same issue.

The problem:

I have a couple of umbraco-sites that uses 'members' to login to a restricted part of the website.
    It seemed that in IE10 a member was able to login, but after moving to another restricted page, the login information seems to get lost and the member was redirected to the login screen again.

The solution:

I found that there was a bug in IE10 that causes this problem.

More information can be found here:

http://www.hanselman.com/blog/BugAndFixASPNETFailsToDetectIE10CausingDoPostBackIsUndefinedJavaScriptErrorOrMaintainFF5ScrollbarPosition.aspx

I tried the fix presented by Scott Hanselman.  The machine wide fix and the specific project fix.
    But unfortunately, it did not work for me.

The problem eventually got fixed after I disabled the file w3cvalidator.browser found in the App_Browsers folder of the umbraco installation.

Probably it would be better to make the appropriate changes to that file too, but I am not sure how.
    So disabling the file was the only option for me.

Maybe somebody with more knowledge about it can extend this file too to make it compatible with IE 10.

I hope this will help others who ran into the same problem.

Marcel

• Rik Helsen 670 posts 873 karma points
    Feb 28, 2013 @ 09:15
    Rik Helsen

We fixed similar issues by installing the hotfixes in his blogposts

• kim Thomsen 59 posts 277 karma points
    Mar 06, 2013 @ 09:39
    kim Thomsen

Sweet had the same problem removing the w3cvalidator.browser file helped

• JDS 3 posts 23 karma points
    Jul 18, 2013 @ 17:21
    JDS

I have the same issue with the membership login used in the nForum package. Tried removing .browser files adding new ie.browser as well, changed to a razor login, nothing helped...

Anyone has another idea? 

Umbraco v4.8.1

• Thomas 66 posts 88 karma points
    Jul 23, 2013 @ 14:27
    Thomas

I have a similar issue with IE using a razor login on Umb 6.0.5.

Everything works fine in Chrome and FF, but logging in with IE adds a long piece of code (like this: /(F(hpIpEc0147VoSKqI42PCcXPViiIe-VwdSavngyyPIxNcnxvPa6Jl7to2S5w-wfVNjwUtkBxG22Z3gOCujfnFi4bQKUFGr_eCdzd-uirDbo6EF5SUW3uG1sR8pZKwzO83t0))/) in the Url just before /login. everything seems fine and member details are read as they are supposed to. But when reloading the page the member still seems to be looged in. But removing the long code or inserting a direct link to another page in the address bar, the member seems to be logged out again.

I am not completely sure, but it seems that the problem suddenly appeared without tinkering with the login-script. 

Removing the W3Cvalidator did'nt solve the problem - I assume the hotfixes from Hanselman should be in the installed Windows Updates by now.

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Jul 23, 2013 @ 21:22
    Charles Afford

Thomas, not an expert but that sounds alot like your code, IE will be alot stricter about your markup than Chrome and FF?

• Niels Lynggaard 190 posts 548 karma points
    Oct 21, 2013 @ 12:50
    Niels Lynggaard

I had the same issue on a 4.7 site. I solved it by using the hotfix from microsoft to correct the bug in the .net 4.0 framework, since the server was a bit out of date.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2600088

• Amigo 243 posts 568 karma points
    Feb 20, 2014 @ 00:42
    Amigo

Had the same problem and tried diffrent things like the above with no luck.
    What solwed it for me was putting this in App_Browser/Form.browser file:

<browsers>
    <browser refID="Default">
    <capabilities><!-- To avoid wrong detections of e.g. IE10 -->
    <capability name="cookies" value="true" />
    <capability name="ecmascriptversion" value="3.0" />
    </capabilities>
    </browser>
    </browsers>

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft