Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• andy_rose 91 posts 117 karma points
    Feb 04, 2013 @ 11:53
    andy_rose

After upgrade published nodes appear as unpublished

I have upgraded a 4.7.2. site to 4.11.4 and several nodes that are published now appear as grey in the content tree as if they are unpublished. Republishing them and reloading the tree does not appear to fix the issue.

I suspect that there is something awry in the database that is causing these to be be flagged somehow as unplished nodes in the tree even though they are published and can be navigated to. Does anyone have any experience with the workings of the content tree and any suggestions as to where to look for problems? 

• andy_rose 91 posts 117 karma points
    Feb 04, 2013 @ 15:22
    andy_rose

After digging a bit deeper it appears that all the nodes in question (approx. 1500) are flagged as 'trashed' in the database although the parent and path fields still place them in the content tree rather than in the recycle bin i.e parent id of -20 or -21.

Really not sure how this has occurred and the problem seems specific to our live environment and not staging. If anybody has any ideas I'd love to hear them, might have a look at Courier to see if it could've played a part in this but in the mean time, to fix this, I was thinking of running an update to revert all trashed flags to false where the parent id isn't either -20 or -21 and the path isn't like '-1,-2%'.

• Chris Perks 32 posts 114 karma points
    Feb 05, 2014 @ 12:48
    Chris Perks

If you Courier items which already exist on the target, and are in the recycle bin, the new items will be created with the trashed flag set in the database.

We had to manually update the trashed flag to 0 after doing this.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft