Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Josh Reid 182 posts 258 karma points
    Dec 04, 2012 @ 10:26
    Josh Reid

Missing DefaultProvider RegEx in providers for UrlRewritingNet 4.11.1

Hey Guys

I have updated one of our sites from 4.7.2 through 4.11.1, with a bunch of time in each between updates. After upgrading from 4.10 to 4.11.1 on the weekend there is a random error in back office (often when creating nodes but also on save/publishes)... Shown below.

Anyone seen or have anythoughts to fix this? I've tried including 'defaultProvider="RegEx"' in the first line of UrlRewriting.config like so (to no avail):

<urlrewritingnet defaultProvider="RegEx" xmlns="http://www.urlrewriting.net/schemas/config/2006/07">

Server Error in '/' Application.

Missing the DefaultProvider RegEx in the list of providers for UrlRewritingNet

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ApplicationException: Missing the DefaultProvider RegEx in the list of providers for UrlRewritingNet

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ApplicationException: Missing the DefaultProvider RegEx in the list of providers for UrlRewritingNet]
       UrlRewritingNet.Web.UrlRewriting.Initialize() +420
       UrlRewritingNet.Web.UrlRewriting.CreateRewriteRule(String providerName) +16
       UrlRewritingNet.Web.UrlRewriteModule.Init(HttpApplication context) +232
       System.Web.HttpApplication.InitModulesCommon() +172
       System.Web.HttpApplication.InitModules() +43
       System.Web.HttpApplication.InitInternal(HttpContext context, HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers) +828
       System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetNormalApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +304
       System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +107
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +327

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

Dec 04, 2012 @ 18:59
    Josh Reid

Also further, I have the Package 301 URL Tracker installed. I guess it could be this, so am uninstalling and will watch and see how it goes...

Dec 04, 2012 @ 20:16
    Josh Reid

This is still happening and quite regularly!

Hopefully someone has some idea as to why?

Jan 10, 2013 @ 20:24
    Josh Reid

Arrrrgggghhhhh, this is still haunting!

Using a shared host:
    IIS6
    .NET 4.0...
    Umb 4.11.1
    Contour 3
    uWebshop 2.0.2

Could it be an IIS6 thing- Any ideas?

• William Burnett 213 posts 262 karma points
    Jan 28, 2013 @ 17:38
    William Burnett

I am also seeing this randomly on a site that has been upgraded all the way to 6.0rc This appears to be a major issue, yet I see no responses even though a quick google search shows several our.umbraco reports of the problem. 

Can we get some attention to these issues please? Is UrlRewriting supposed to be refenced in the web.config or not? It is in mine (I just removed the refence because it does not appear in the 6.0rc web.config.

My level of frustration with fragmented documentation is through the roof. One has to be a detective each and every time Umbraco is upgraded, and even then it is nearly impossible to find a complete list of needed changes. 

Removed uTube package (thinking it may be causing my insert/edit media problem. Like OP, I have gone from 3/x to all the way  to  4.11.1 to 6.0 rc Upgrade. Site was at 4.9 for many many months with no problems. Went to 4.10 to 4.11.1 to 6.0 and now have all kinds of issues.

IIS6

SQL 2005E

Restarted IIS:

Logged into Back Office. Open content page and tried to Insert an image, still boken. So I went to Developer and Packages and tried to re-install uTube packge. Clicked "Install package" and got YSOD

Missing the DefaultProvider RegEx in the list of providers for UrlRewritingNet Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.ApplicationException: Missing the DefaultProvider RegEx in the list of providers for UrlRewritingNet

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[ApplicationException: Missing the DefaultProvider RegEx in the list of providers for UrlRewritingNet]
       UrlRewritingNet.Web.UrlRewriting.Initialize() +420
       UrlRewritingNet.Web.UrlRewriting.CreateRewriteRule(String providerName) +16
       UrlRewritingNet.Web.UrlRewriteModule.Init(HttpApplication context) +232
       System.Web.HttpApplication.InitModulesCommon() +172
       System.Web.HttpApplication.InitModules() +43
       System.Web.HttpApplication.InitInternal(HttpContext context, HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers) +828
       System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetNormalApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +304
       System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +107
       System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +327

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:4.0.30319; ASP.NET Version:4.0.30319.272

Feb 10, 2013 @ 05:38
    William Burnett

Hello....

Unbraco HQ, once again is anybody paying attention?

I have run into this again when trying to install ImageGen from the repository on 6.0RC

Feb 15, 2013 @ 03:51
    William Burnett

Missing the DefaultProvider RegEx in the list of providers for UrlRewritingNet

Seeing this error randomly, but most often shortly after installing a package

Feb 19, 2013 @ 13:47
    William Burnett

Hello HQ...

is anybody home?

Feb 19, 2013 @ 22:06
    Josh Reid

If this is affecting you please pop over and vote on the issue I've created for this here: http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1744

Apr 16, 2013 @ 17:56
    William Burnett

Hey core team WTF is up with this?  Can you please take a look at it and get it fixed?

• Peter 89 posts 160 karma points
    May 22, 2013 @ 13:54
    Peter

I seem to experiance this when trying to load the backoffice /umbraco/ on a cold start of the application .  So the IIS been reset (or been taken out of memory because it hasn't been used), then the first page requested is http://www.website.com/umbraco/  this then throws the error.

using 6.0.3 and voted on http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-1744 

P

Jun 16, 2013 @ 19:56
    William Burnett

My frustration level has reached its limit...

WHAT DOES IT TAKE TO GET THE CORE TEAM TO FIX THIS?????????????????????????????????????\

Honestly folks... there is simply no excuse. FIX the f'ing bug already instead of adding new features. Is that really too much to ask? I just moved a site from IIS6 to Azure and STILL see the issue.  I can't reliably install packages due to this error, meaning that I have to go back and manually edit config files to fix the partially installed packages and then try again (sometimes dozens of times).

This entire project suffers from extremely poor management and follow through. When are things going to get better?

Aug 03, 2013 @ 00:56
    Josh Reid
    This is a UrlRewriting.net issue - I've been advised to use IIS URL Rewrite Module instead.
  • Can Koluman 50 posts 98 karma points
    Sep 19, 2013 @ 22:44
    Can Koluman

A little late - but I think this can be because your web.config file was not merged. I had a similar issue and it was one of the following that cleared the error (unfortunately - I did not narrow it down.)

<runtime>
        <assemblyBinding xmlns="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">

<!-- Old asp.net ajax assembly bindings -->
          <dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Extensions" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-3.5.0.0" newVersion="4.0.0.0" />
          </dependentAssembly>
          <dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Extensions.Design" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-3.5.0.0" newVersion="4.0.0.0" />
          </dependentAssembly>

<!-- Ensure correct version of MVC -->
          <dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Helpers" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-2.0.0.0" newVersion="2.0.0.0" />
          </dependentAssembly>
          <dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.Mvc" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />
            <bindingRedirect oldVersion="1.0.0.0-4.0.0.0" newVersion="4.0.0.0" />
          </dependentAssembly>
          <dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.WebPages" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />
          </dependentAssembly>
          <dependentAssembly>
            <assemblyIdentity name="System.Web.WebPages.Razor" publicKeyToken="31bf3856ad364e35" />
          </dependentAssembly>
        </assemblyBinding>
      </runtime>

<system.web.webPages.razor>
        <host factoryType="umbraco.MacroEngines.RazorUmbracoFactory, umbraco.MacroEngines" />
        <pages pageBaseType="umbraco.MacroEngines.DynamicNodeContext">
          <namespaces>
            <add namespace="Microsoft.Web.Helpers" />
            <add namespace="umbraco" />
            <add namespace="Examine" />
          </namespaces>
        </pages>
      </system.web.webPages.razor>

I suspect that it is one of the assembly redirects - possibly the System.Web.Extensions and System.Web.Extensions.Design entries.

Having said that, I have also been using the IIS rewrite module - as it allows us to rewrite routes before they hit the CMS, and therefore helpful for any custom routing one might have.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft