Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ben McKean 272 posts 549 karma points
    May 01, 2012 @ 10:47
    Ben McKean

Single User Public Access Bug

Version 4.7.1

Hi

I've just come across what I think is a bug with the single user public access. Would be grateful if somebody could confirm this isn't expected behaviour.

To replicate

• Right-click page > select Public Access > Single user protection
    • Enter username and password (and other settings)
    • At this point everything works as expected, logging in the website is fine
    • Go back to the page Right-click page > select Public Access > Single user protection
    • Change the password and save
    • Now when trying to log in with the new password it is unsuccessful, the old password stil works (bug 1)
    • Go back to the page Right-click page > select Public Access > Single user protection
    • Change the username and the password
    • Log into the website with the new username/password works fine but the old username/passwor also still works (bug 2)
    • I've tried changing the username/password many times and it essentially keeps adding new users who have access, it never removes access

To get around this issue I've resorted to using role based access which works fine. However in my understanding this is a bug and not a feature. The reason why we use single user protection for our clients is for simplicity. They can easily set a universal username/password for a section of the site. With this bug the password can never be changed and when a username is changed the previous username will still work.

Thanks

Ben

• Chriztian Steinmeier 2798 posts 8788 karma points MVP 7x admin c-trib
    May 01, 2012 @ 11:13
    Chriztian Steinmeier

Hi Ben,

Sounds like a bug to me - it would be great if you could log it as such on umbraco.codeplex.com.

/Chriztian

• William Charlton 171 posts 218 karma points
    Jan 10, 2014 @ 13:14
    William Charlton

Has this been sorted? I want to allow single user access to pages for existing members, which requires me to enter their UN and PW - nuts!! If they change their PW, what then, does access fail? I think I may have to resort to a different role for each member to get round this ill thought out design.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft