Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rodion Novoselov 694 posts 859 karma points
    Mar 18, 2012 @ 12:05
    Rodion Novoselov

RTE doesn't work in FF11

Hi. A weird thing has just happened to me. I have a document type that contains two separate RTE properties. After updating FF to 11 the first RTE has stopped working on the document edit page. The second one works ok, but the first is unfunctional. It concerns only FF and the case of having two RTE on the page. There're no error messages under the FireBug console. The browsers other than FF11 still work well too. Looks like a bug, I think. Going to report it on the codeplex. Just to make sure it's not the result of some of my stupidity - has anyone observed this as well?

• Rodion Novoselov 694 posts 859 karma points
    Mar 18, 2012 @ 15:36
    Rodion Novoselov

Uhmm. I seem to have come across a workaround trick. It looks like as the document editor is loaded the first RTE doesn't work (shows nothing and is unavailable at all). But as I resize the browser window a bit it immediately turns all right. Not that much convenient, though, of course.

• suzyb 474 posts 932 karma points
    Mar 19, 2012 @ 13:03
    suzyb

I'm getting the same problem.

• Jules 271 posts 562 karma points
    Mar 20, 2012 @ 09:20
    Jules

I am experiecing the same issue but not consistently with all RTE in fact only one one installation.  The html within it is slightly more complex, has a table.  All other RTE with standard text input are fine.

• Sören Deger 733 posts 2844 karma points c-trib
    Mar 20, 2012 @ 10:25
  • Jennifer Killingsworth 191 posts 247 karma points
    Mar 22, 2012 @ 19:47
    Jennifer Killingsworth

I tried upgrading TinyMCE, but when I try to create a link I can no longer select from the Content Tree.

• Mike Unser 19 posts 39 karma points
    Mar 22, 2012 @ 20:02
    Mike Unser

I updated to the newest version of TinyMCE too but it made no difference that I could see.

Mar 22, 2012 @ 20:05
    Jennifer Killingsworth

For me, it fixed the issue regarding not being able to see all the RTE fields, but when I try to create a link it doesn't display the Content Tree to select a page.

Mar 22, 2012 @ 20:06
    suzyb

Did you just copy the new version over the old.  The umbraco implementation has customisations which is why I'm relucant to upgrade myself.

Mar 22, 2012 @ 20:07
    Mike Unser

Yea, I did just copy the new over the old.

Mar 22, 2012 @ 20:09
    Mar 22, 2012 @ 20:12
    Mike Unser

Me too.

Mar 22, 2012 @ 20:19
    suzyb

I also checked out that link but I remembered there was a text file in the umbraco_client/tiny_mce folder that mentions some things that you need to be aware of when upgrading TinyMce so I didn't bother upgrading.

Might have to upgrade though as the jquery code mentioned in the other thread doesn't seem to work for me.

• Essy 74 posts 96 karma points
    Mar 22, 2012 @ 20:22
    Essy

It doesn't work for me in any browser :(

Mar 22, 2012 @ 20:23
    Mike Unser

I have that text file that talks about the TinyMCE upgrade process but it's to confusing for a non-programmer like me.

Mar 23, 2012 @ 15:40
    Mike Unser

I've installed the TinyMCE update and added the script that was mentioned to a few pages and I've had absolutely no luck in resolving this issue.

• Heather 20 posts 41 karma points
    Mar 26, 2012 @ 10:22
    Heather

I'm also having this issue and have quite a few sites running 4.7 and can't see the content in the RTE (unless I open firebug then close firebug!)

This is very annoying! Has anyone found a fix? It's not practical to update TinyMce accross all sites :(

Mar 26, 2012 @ 18:38
    Jennifer Killingsworth

Niels Hartvig@ umbraco  

We're aware that Firefox 11 breaks RTE functionality in v4.7.x. The problem is a bug in FF - not Umbraco. Bug is fixed in latest FF nightly!

I’m not sure when Firefox is going to officially release the fix, but if you if you have a problem with FF in Umbraco and don’t want to wait, then you can download the latest nightly build for Firefox here:

http://nightly.mozilla.org/

Mar 26, 2012 @ 20:03
    Essy

It's not just Firefox ... I'm using Chrome and still get the problem

Mar 26, 2012 @ 20:05
    Essy

IE9 appears to be much the same ie dead slow!

I really doubt that this is a mozilla problem.

Mar 26, 2012 @ 20:13
    Jennifer Killingsworth

I downloaded the nightly build of Firefox and it fixed the problem.   I never had any problem viewing the RTE with IE or Chrome.

If it doesn't work for you in ANY browser - you can a more complex problem than the one mentioned in this thread.  Perhaps you should start your own thread  and provide a detailed account of your issue.

Mar 26, 2012 @ 20:31
    Essy

I can't see how I can make a more detailed account. I'm using Umbraco 4.7.1 out of the box and when I use the standard rich text editor in any page it is invariably extremely slow to load and frequently throws an error (viewable in the umbracoLog table but not on the screen/page):

At /umbraco/plugins/tinymce3/tinymce3tinymceCompress.aspx?rnd=8a8ef86b-f3de-4b2e-a17b-37393c6a14bb&module=gzipmodule&themes=umbraco&plugins=contextmenu,umbracoimg,paste,inlinepopups,table,spellchecker,advlink,media,noneditable,umbracocss,umbracomacro&languages=en 

Pages without the richtext editor load normally. The speed is the same regardless of the browser.

I have tried turning off all options in the rte (including styles) but none of these seem to make any difference.

I don't know what else I can report.

Mar 26, 2012 @ 20:54
    Jennifer Killingsworth

"I can't see how I can make a more detailed account."

I didn't see any of that information reported by you anywhere in this thread.

This thread is specifically about the Firefox issue that occured when it released the latest version of its browser, since you have a different problem - I suggest you start a brand new topic.  That way, it'll will draw more attention and maybe someone can give you an answer.

When you do post your own topic you may want to add:

How it was installed, Server and DB information, application configuration, etc.

Mar 27, 2012 @ 08:22
    Essy

Done

• Shmuel Kessler 9 posts 32 karma points
    May 02, 2012 @ 05:38
    Shmuel Kessler

RTE is working now in FF12.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft