Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Chris Mahoney 235 posts 447 karma points
    Aug 11, 2011 @ 01:21
    Chris Mahoney

TinyMCE anchor icon in IE 7 and 8

Hi,

In the TinyMCE rich text editor, the Insert/Edit Anchor button doesn't work correctly; it pops up and asks you to name the anchor, but the little yellow anchor icon doesn't appear in the editor.

I've tried this on two different installations of Umbraco 4.7 (one on Server 2003 with SQL 2005, and one on Server 2008 R2 with SQL 2008 R2). One of the installations was manual (from the zip file) and the other using Microsoft WPI, so the installation method doesn't seem to have anything to do with it.

The icon appears correctly when using IE 9 or Firefox (I haven't tried any other browsers).

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Aug 11, 2011 @ 02:46
    Tom Fulton

Hi Chris,

Same behavior here.

FYI, if you get a chance you should report this on Codeplex where people can vote on it and the core team will hopefully see it.  This forum is for bugs relating to the our.umbraco.org site and isn't monitored for Umbraco bugs.  Also this sounds a bit different but might be related to:  http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/30113

-Tom

• Chris Mahoney 235 posts 447 karma points
    Aug 11, 2011 @ 03:18
    Chris Mahoney

Thanks for that link, it looks like it's exactly the same issue.

Is there some documentation somewhere stating to use Codeplex for reporting bugs? I did a search on the main Umbraco site for "report bug" and it didn't return anything so that's why I ended up in this forum.

• Tom Fulton 2030 posts 4998 karma points c-trib
    Aug 11, 2011 @ 03:51
    Tom Fulton

Hey Chris,

Here's a wiki article on Submitting bug reports  The search here isn't the best sometimes :)

-Tom.

• lucyconnuk 7 posts 28 karma points
    Jun 12, 2013 @ 12:26
    lucyconnuk

Old thread, but just in case anyone's googling for a solution, see http://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/15240-TinyMCE-Creates-Invalid-Anchor-Tags - there is a fix there.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft