Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• norm 7 posts 27 karma points
    Mar 09, 2011 @ 20:51
    norm

umbTopNavigation.xslt ERROR

Hello

On a manual clean install, the file umbTopNavigation.xslt is missing. (4.6.1 - 4.7RC)

I get the following error:

Now I created this file and the error is gone. You find the missing code here: http://our.umbraco.org/forum/using/ui-questions/17003-URL-question?p=0

regards
    norm

Mar 09, 2011 @ 20:58
    norm

Hey,

Next Error: Error reading XSLT file: \xslt\umb2ndLevelNavigation.xslt
    On a clean manual install there are no files in my xslt folder.. is that ok?

Editing my previos post is not possible, error:
    Error parsing XSLT file: \xslt\forum-commentsList.xslt

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Mar 09, 2011 @ 21:06
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi norm

Obviously the installation is corrupt for some reason since you should not have to create all this from the bottom. I don't think it's a bug since I guess that many more people would have reported these errors on codeplex.

Something in the back of my mind tells me we discussed your setup with permissions etc. in another post, right?

Could you please describe your installation process since it's probably more easy to find out why things go wrong.

What steps do you take, how do you setup the site, are you on shared hosting, what database are you using etc.

Looking forward to hear more from you so we hopefully can get you up and running without these issues.

/Jan

Mar 09, 2011 @ 21:10
    Jan Skovgaard

Just had a look at the other post. Your permissions seems to be allright judging from the screenshot you posted.

How does your app pool settings look like? Is it running integrated mode with the .NET 4 framework? And is the app pool identity set to use the network service?

/Jan

Mar 09, 2011 @ 21:22
    norm

Hello Jan,

yes, integrated mode with the .NET 4, + network service. Normal installation through the install wizard, local mssql server 2008, Win7/64.

If you have time, are you available for a remote session?

thanks..

• Steve Winslade 2 posts 22 karma points
    Mar 10, 2011 @ 10:32
    Steve Winslade

norn/Jan I have exactly the same issue; if you reach a resolution through a remote session, can you please post the solution here please?

Thanks.

• jerome 5 posts 25 karma points
    Mar 18, 2011 @ 09:14
    jerome

I have the same problem after a new installation (4.7) in a virtual directory of my website.

Moreover, when I install a new skin it creates a new dub directory.

I think Umbraco doesn't work very well when it's not directly installed in its own website...

-> If anyone has the solution to install umbraco in a virtual directory, i'm really interested.

• Florent 7 posts 27 karma points
    Jun 06, 2011 @ 14:48
    Florent

Hello,

Same problem here. :( Does anyone have find a solution ?

For remind : clean installation (4.7) by web plateform, .NET 4, full right, etc. But :

"Error reading XSLT file: \xslt\umbTopNavigation.xslt"

umbracoMacro

Error loading XSLT umbTopNavigation.xslt
    XSLT compile error.
      at System.Xml.Xsl.Xslt.XsltLoader.LoadStylesheet(XmlReader reader, Boolean include)
      at System.Xml.Xsl.Xslt.XsltLoader.Load(Compiler compiler, Object stylesheet, XmlResolver xmlResolver)
      at System.Xml.Xsl.Xslt.Compiler.Compile(Object stylesheet, XmlResolver xmlResolver, QilExpression& qil)
      at System.Xml.Xsl.XslCompiledTransform.LoadInternal(Object stylesheet, XsltSettings settings, XmlResolver stylesheetResolver)
      at umbraco.macro.CreateXsltTransform(XmlTextReader xslReader, Boolean debugMode)
      at umbraco.macro.getXslt(String XsltFile)
      at umbraco.macro.loadMacroXSLT(macro macro, MacroModel model, Hashtable pageElements

It's look like normal beaucause the directory "xslt" is.. empty. :) Well, same problem as Bruno and Norm.

Thanks

--

Florent

• goldengel 1 post 21 karma points
    Nov 11, 2011 @ 16:31
    goldengel

Hi

I am new in umbraco. Now I am trying to install the whole stuff, just a simple website, since about 6 hours. First, I got only errors by using the wizard

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/24454-installation-fails

I always delete the whole IIS folder and install it again. alaways with error above:

Error reading XSLT file: \xslt\umbTopNavigation.xslt

I think there is nothing I can make wrong but it still does not work with several tries and modifications of unnormal way since over 6 hours.

Please advice

• Flimmerkaj 1 post 21 karma points
    Jan 29, 2012 @ 13:44
    Flimmerkaj

Hi.

There is something completely wrong in the installation of Umbraco. I have tried several things and ways around installing this. Event went back to 2003 R2 with IIS6.0 but it it just does not work, and also not with the webPI platform.

Error reading XSLT file: \xslt\umbTopNavigation.xslt 

I get this error no matter how I do it, all I have read about this everywhere here and other formus have been setup, as suggested, but I do still not have any success.

Seems like no one have a solution in this, even though I would appreciate very much.

I never seen more messy installation guidance in any application.

Jan 29, 2012 @ 17:14
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Flimmerkaj and welcome to the community :)

I suppose you have made a fresh installation of Umbraco 4.7.1.1 with a starter kit on top of it?

What happens if you add ?umbdebugshowtrace=1 to the website url you're visiting to see the page? This should give you a stack trace, which possibly returns a red error message.

Also I would like to see the content from the xslt file in question - I suppose it's the only one failing?

/Jan

• Ana Mayela Campos Rojas 1 post 21 karma points
    Feb 06, 2012 @ 23:12
    Ana Mayela Campos Rojas

Hi I have the same problem with two files I have almost a week in this and I could see the site who can help me.

Anna

• Michael Opitz 3 posts 23 karma points
    Feb 07, 2012 @ 05:44
    Michael Opitz

I am getting the same error. I have installed Umbraco now on multiple machines, even did an install on a clean Windows Server 2003 R2 as well as a brand new Windows 2008 R2 installation. In all former installations, I was not even able to get the starter kits installed properly, which now finally went through. But now I am stuck with the same "Error reading XSLT file: \xslt\umbTopNavigation.xslt " error.

We hired a webdesign company that is re-doing our company website using Umbraco. I have to build a different website for a different branch of our company, which has a lot simpler requirements (basically just a few static pages), and I figured I use the same CMS to keep things simple. But so far no luck in even getting a basic template on the website.

Feb 07, 2012 @ 19:48
    Jan Skovgaard

@Anna

what version of Umbraco have you installed?

@Michael

Are you installing Umbraco manually or using either the Web PI or Webmatrix? And have you tried to see what happens if you make a clean install without any starter kits and then try to install the CWS package from the package repository in the developer section afterwards?

I have a suspision that something might be wrong with the starter kit and I do understand that this is a horrible experience you're having. But let's see if we can get to the bottom of this so others don't go through this on new installations.

/Jn

Feb 07, 2012 @ 20:33
    Michael Opitz

@Jan

I have always used the Web PI to install Umbraco. In my earlier installations, I have tried adding the starter kit through the begining steps as well as through the developer section, both didn't work but it gave me a different error back then, and I couldn't even get to the point I can choose skins. Right now I am trying another installation on a clean Windows 2008 R2 machine using WebMatrix.

I am using VMware's vSphere, so it only takes a mouseclick for me to revert a server back to its blank state. I am going to give updates on error messages and screenshots if needed as I go along. When we have to try something new, I'll just revert the server again.

ADDED:

I have installed Umbraco through Webmatrix without any errors. I am also using the SQL CE database for a change, since this is not an overly complicated project. I am making a snapshot of the server right now, as I am asked to choose a starter kit. So if something fails, I can revert right back.

The installation with WebMatrix went through fine. I was able to get the business starter kit as well as the skin up and running. I was, however, not able to change skins. When I changed it through the skin selection pop-up, it would not accept any change and trying to do it through the developer section gave me an application error through IIS. Since this is yet another set of problems, I am going to reinstall it Umbraco with the same settings I did the last time in hopes of replicating the original error - otherwise we have too manny changes.

So I am now installing Umbraco with a SQL Express DB, WEB PI (no web matrix) and starter packs chosen over the developer section.

Feb 13, 2012 @ 16:37
    Michael Opitz

Alright, sorry for the days of delay - I had some other projects com in between.

I have a clean install of Umbraco, no starter kits during the installtation and I was trying to add one over the developer section. This is what I am getting:

• Richard 4 posts 24 karma points
    Mar 10, 2012 @ 14:37
    Richard

I've got the same error as topic starter.

With 'umbdebugshowtrace=1' option I can get following stacktrace:

Error loading XSLT umbTopNavigation.xslt
    XSLT compile error.
    at System.Xml.Xsl.Xslt.XsltLoader.LoadStylesheet(XmlReader reader, Boolean include)
    at System.Xml.Xsl.Xslt.XsltLoader.Load(Compiler compiler, Object stylesheet, XmlResolver xmlResolver)
    at System.Xml.Xsl.Xslt.Compiler.Compile(Object stylesheet, XmlResolver xmlResolver, QilExpression& qil)
    at System.Xml.Xsl.XslCompiledTransform.LoadInternal(Object stylesheet, XsltSettings settings, XmlResolver stylesheetResolver)
    at umbraco.macro.CreateXsltTransform(XmlTextReader xslReader, Boolean debugMode)
    at umbraco.macro.getXslt(String XsltFile)
    at umbraco.macro.loadMacroXSLT(macro macro, MacroModel model, Hashtable pageElements)

Mar 10, 2012 @ 14:38
    Richard

Sorry for spamming, I can't see my post within few minutes and have submitted it again.

Mar 10, 2012 @ 15:01
    Richard

Sorry for spamming again (see my previous post).

• Jesus Fco. Chinchillas Escarrega 1 post 21 karma points
    Sep 07, 2012 @ 18:08
    Jesus Fco. Chinchillas Escarrega

The problem with the installation is that you must install Umbraco like Web Site Not like web application

• Lukáš Hanzlík 1 post 21 karma points
    Jan 18, 2013 @ 01:58
    Lukáš Hanzlík

jesus's advice reslved it. just in case someone else didn't understand what it exactly says like I did :) if you are installing using the WebPI, in the window, where you are asked to type in new web application and web site name, just leave the web application name's textbox empty (or better said the default value as it says '\')

after this installation everything works like charm

thx

• Ravi 1 post 21 karma points
    Jan 09, 2014 @ 09:45
    Ravi

Hi All,

Even i faced this problem but have resolved it now. It seems to due to umbTopNavigation.xslt file not accessible. During installation is the file get saved in a folder named after you website (while installation). 

You can copy 'umbTopNavigation.xslt' from 'root/websitename/xslt/' to 'root/xslt' , and it would work just fine :)

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft