Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Samuel Hamer 44 posts 66 karma points
    Jan 19, 2011 @ 17:33
    Samuel Hamer

Pasting from word (tinymce3) not working correctly in version 4.6.1

Hello, first time poster.

Is anyone else having problems with the latest build when it comes to pasting content from word?

The paste from word form opens and allows me to copy (or type) into it but when I ask it to post it returns to the RT box without taking any content in.  Firebug didnt find any JS errors and doing the same with different browsers (and through desperation O.S') seems to have no affect.  As a last resort I created two new vanila builds, one with the 'basic' starter kit and one with no starter kit, both are on different locations (one on a server, one on my local machine) and both have exactly the same problem.

Most odd... any ideas?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 19, 2011 @ 21:55
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Samuel

I have never really experienced the paste from word functionality to be working stable in any version. Don't know if it has been working properly with 4.5 release since I tend to copy content into notepad (both from word or the web etc.) and then into Umbraco or whatever CMS I'm working with. (I have tried on a couple of other CMS'es that provided this functionality as well that did not work stable either). Therefore I'm using this approach.

I know that it does not directly answer your question but I hope it can be used as a workaround.

/Jan

• Doug Mackay 56 posts 155 karma points
    Jan 19, 2011 @ 23:17
    Doug Mackay

Seems to be bug in the paste plugin in 4.6.1

Edit 'umbraco_client\tinymce3\plugins\paste\editor_plugin_src.js' change line 319

var umbracoAllowedStyles = this.editor.getParam('theme_umbraco_styles');

to

var umbracoAllowedStyles = ed.getParam('theme_umbraco_styles');

Edit: Looks like this has been fixed in Change Set 232536a1e45c on codeplex.

• Samuel Hamer 44 posts 66 karma points
    Jan 19, 2011 @ 23:59
    Samuel Hamer

Thank you both, that did work Doug.  Suprised that didn't flag an error to be caught by firebug.  All gravy now though.

Jan 20, 2011 @ 00:18
    Doug Mackay

It got flagged for me as an error for me in firebug. Think it was listed as 'this.editor is not defined' in the firebug console.

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Jan 21, 2011 @ 15:19
    Dan Diplo

Thank you, Doug, you just saved my bacon!

• Jennifer Killingsworth 191 posts 247 karma points
    Feb 15, 2011 @ 19:34
    Jennifer Killingsworth

I'm having the same problem, but when I tried this solution it didn't resolve the problem.

I edited the web.config as well as recycling the application pool ... no dice.

Ok, now it mysteriously started working.

• Dan Diplo 1554 posts 6205 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Feb 16, 2011 @ 13:25
    Dan Diplo

Jennifer, the javascript gets cached by your browser, so changes don't always take place until your browser cache is refreshed. Same happened to me until I forced a refresh.

• Greg Berlin 818 posts 634 karma points
    Feb 19, 2011 @ 08:36
    Greg Berlin

Thanks Doug, that fixed it for me... both pasting into the word popup, and into the RTE itself :)

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Feb 28, 2011 @ 18:43
    Rich Green

Thanks, sorted this for me too, hope this gets into 4.7

Feb 28, 2011 @ 19:18
    Doug Mackay

It's been fixed on codeplex so it will be included in 4.7

• Stig Kulvedrøsten 48 posts 69 karma points
    Jan 10, 2012 @ 14:46
    Stig Kulvedrøsten

I'm having the same problem on a 4.5.2 installation but can't find the 'var umbracoAllowedStyles =this.editor.getParam('theme_umbraco_styles');'

Any suggestions?

Stig

• Sumesh KP 34 posts 107 karma points c-trib
    Mar 21, 2016 @ 03:14
    Sumesh KP

Thanks Doug, This is work for me.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft