Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Calle Bjernekull 16 posts 38 karma points
    Jan 05, 2011 @ 13:12
    Calle Bjernekull

Cannot use a node with the name "Support"

I'm running Umbraco 4.5.2 and found a really strange issue. I'm using friendly url's and created a page called "Support" and automatically gets the permalink "/support". But when I'm going to http://myhost/support I don't get any response. Here comes the strange part:

• I can rename the page to something else and it will work.
    • If I rename another page to "Support", that page won't load.
    • All other pages works perfectly fine.

This make me think that it might this name is reserved or something, bot it seems to work in older version. Also I will actually need to have this permalink in use.

The site is just installed an hour ago and I haven't setup any properties at all yet. There are only empty pages so far.

• Lesley 284 posts 143 karma points
    Jan 05, 2011 @ 18:43
    Lesley

Hi Calle,

This problem sounds very familiar to me as I had the same thing when I first started using Umbraco! In my case, I had an independent application folder with the same name as my page: http://forum.umbraco.org/yaf_postst3946_List-sub-pages-from-current-page--problem-visiting-sub-pages.aspx

I don't know if there is any work-around other than renaming your page (which is what I did) or even your existing virtual directory, but I hope that helps.

Lesley

• Calle Bjernekull 16 posts 38 karma points
    Jan 12, 2011 @ 16:11
    Calle Bjernekull

Hi, thanks for your answer. I don't have any applicationfolders or so in the webroot. But recently I've found out that this sometimes occur on random names. Suddenly same thing happens for other nodenames. I've tried to debug, but I don't even reach Page_Init.

Any ideas?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft