Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anders Brännmark 226 posts 277 karma points
    Oct 08, 2010 @ 00:25
    Anders Brännmark

Field "email" is listed multiple times in the index set "InternalMemberIndexSet".

As I was getting a site ready for release I noticed in my audit trail this message:

[UmbracoExamine] Field "email" is listed multiple times in the index set "InternalMemberIndexSet". Please ensure all names are unique.

What the heck?! I havent touched anyting involving Examine, however I have a couple of doctypes that as a property namned email....

Oct 08, 2010 @ 00:57
    Anders Brännmark

Tested to rename my properties with email as alias, solved the problem.

This cant be right?!

• Warren Besthorne 42 posts 62 karma points
    Oct 08, 2010 @ 01:21
    Warren Besthorne

How about you can you help with setting up my contact page

Oct 08, 2010 @ 08:48
    Anders Brännmark

?

• Rick Mason 38 posts 169 karma points
    Jun 10, 2019 @ 17:01
    Rick Mason

For anyone else finding this thread, I hit the following message being logged following an upgrade from 7.6.13 to 7.14.0:

Field "level" is listed multiple times in the index set "InternalIndexSet". Please ensure all names are unique, Provider=InternalIndexer, NodeId=12345

As Anders suggested, renaming the field called "level" on one of my document types fixed it. I believe the cause is that somewhere between 7.6.13 and 7.14.0 the Umbraco core added its own "level" field to the internal and external Examine indexes, which explains the reference in the message to being listed multiple times. So if you've just upgraded and you're seeing this, that could be the reason.

• Rachel Breeze 6 posts 80 karma points MVP 4x c-trib
    Jan 28, 2020 @ 11:53
    Rachel Breeze

We've seen the following in our logs for Umbraco 7.13.2:

Field "id" is listed multiple times in the index set
    Field "nodeName" is listed multiple times in the index set
    Field "nodeName" is listed multiple times in the index set

I've managed to resolve for all custom indexes by removing the following from the custom indexes from IndexUserFields :

<add Name="id" />
      <add Name="nodeName"/>
      <add Name="nodeTypeAlias" />

Note the fields are still shown in the the Umbraco Back office as system fields

This has resolved the issue there, the site has been through a few upgrades so I'm uncertain as to when the issue was introduced. The error is still recorded in the logs InternalIndexSet and ExternalIndexSet which have no custom fields set :

<IndexSet SetName="ExternalIndexSet" IndexPath="~/App_Data/TEMP/ExamineIndexes/External/" />
    <IndexSet SetName="InternalIndexSet" IndexPath="~/App_Data/TEMP/ExamineIndexes/Internal/"/>

We're due an upgrade to 7.15.3, which version compare says

Updates to latest Examine

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft