Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anders Burla 2560 posts 8256 karma points
    Sep 07, 2010 @ 13:02
    Anders Burla

umbraco.config dosent gets created

I have deleted umbraco.config in the /data/ folder - running 4.5.1 but umbraco dosent create it again - even when i run the umbraco/dialogs/republish.aspx?xml=true

How and when do umbraco recreate the file?

We are running windows server 2003 and Networkservice has Modify access to the entire website folder

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Sep 07, 2010 @ 13:08
    Dirk De Grave

Right-click the 'Content' node and choose 'Republish entire site', that should recreate the umbraco.config file again. If not, I'd also republish each of the top nodes in your content structure and then a republish entire site.

Anyway, the umbraco.config file should be written for each publish of a document.

If still not working, is there any info in the umbracoLog event, or even worse... in the win event log that may give a clue?

Hope this helps.

Regards,

/Dirk

Sep 07, 2010 @ 13:10
    Dirk De Grave

umbraco.config's location is also taken from the web.config, so check that as well:

<add key="umbracoContentXML" value="~/data/umbraco.config" />

Cheers,

/Dirk

Sep 07, 2010 @ 13:22
    Anders Burla

Ahh the web.config says ~/App_Data/umbraco.config so it works :) Just have to look in the right folder - so is data not used in umbraco more? Is the new data folder App_Data? So data should be deleted or?

Sep 07, 2010 @ 13:27
    Dirk De Grave

Don't know to be honest, would need to look that up in code to check whether there's more references to /data path hardcoded. Anyway, wouldn't hurt to just leave it there for the moment.

Cheers,

/Dirk

Sep 07, 2010 @ 13:29
    Anders Burla

No wont hurt - but like to have just what is needed :) But thanks Dirk! #h5yr

• Rich Green 2246 posts 4008 karma points
    Sep 07, 2010 @ 13:41
    Rich Green

I'm pretty sure the default location of Umbraco.Config got moved to App_Data at version 4.5.

Rich

• Gabor Molnar 1 post 50 karma points
    Oct 31, 2014 @ 15:01
    Gabor Molnar

Hi guys I am facing with a publishing issue on my live site and I can’t find the fix for it.

The version number is 4.7.0. Whenever I publish the website the umbraco.config file does not get recreated.(As far as I understand the website gets the content from umbraco.config when the application starts but in order to be identical with the database it has to be updated on every publish, which does not happen) The content gets saved into the database fine and when I check the publication status the last published date and the last edited date is changing but the content does not get updated on the website.

umbraco.config has full permission.

I have tried to republish the entire site, no luck

I have tried to refresh the website cache from the URL (http://<<yourdomain.com>>/Umbraco/dialogs/republish.aspx?xml=true), no luck

I have disabled XmlCacheEnabled,  ContinouslyUpdateXmlDiskCache in the umbracoSettings.config but nothing changed. Content still does not appeared  on the site

The umbracoContentXML refrence is correct and pointing to the right location.

There is no log entry in the database and no log entry in the event viewer.

I have deleted all entries from recycling bin with dependencies to make sure no corrupted node left over but still no luck.

If I recycle the application poll the content will be published, but currently that is the only way if I want to publish something. 

Do you have any idea?

Thanks in advance.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft