Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anil Reddy 17 posts 37 karma points
    Nov 22, 2011 @ 06:54
    Anil Reddy

Website redirecting to noNodes.aspx

Very annoying to see my website displaying noNodes.aspx every now and then. I have been surfin this forum and happy to see many people with same issues, but their discussion is too technical to understand.

Any hero here to save me from this embrassing situation.

Nov 22, 2011 @ 06:56
    Anil Reddy

I am using 4.5.2 version and my website is www.anildesign.com, and everytime this happens I have to manually login to umbraco and republish entire site.

• jaygreasley 416 posts 403 karma points
    Nov 22, 2011 @ 10:05
    jaygreasley

Hi, are you after hiring someone to do this?

If not then this is in the wrong section. From what you say though, I would check your web server log files and speak to the hosting company. I have seen this happen when the database server is not running when the web server starts up (maybe after installing OS patches and rebooting).

hth

jay

Nov 22, 2011 @ 10:09
    Anil Reddy

Sorry my bad will move the post.

Jay, are you a freelance developer, I am looking for someone who can help me with building an online form in umbraco.

Thanks

Anil

• Stefan Kip 1614 posts 4131 karma points c-trib
    Nov 22, 2011 @ 10:11
    Stefan Kip

I've seen it happening too. In our case it had something to do with a lock on the umbraco.config file.

I'd suggest you first upgrade your umbraco installation to v4.7.1 (latest).

• Ansar 181 posts 291 karma points
    Nov 22, 2011 @ 10:20
    Ansar

@Anil - there are solutions explained in this thread.. http://our.umbraco.org/forum/ourumb-dev-forum/bugs/13649-Site-repeatedly-reverting-to-no-nodes-splash-page?p=2

Reson and explanation here http://blog.darren-ferguson.com/2010/11/2/working-around-the-%27no-nodes%27-issue-with-umbraco-45x

I have mailed you the same since this forum is dedicated to paid jobs...

• jaygreasley 416 posts 403 karma points
    Nov 22, 2011 @ 18:53
    jaygreasley

Hi Anil,

I am but am booked up for a while. I'd consider using Courier as it is very flexible and easy to use.

hth

Jay

Nov 23, 2011 @ 06:46
    Anil Reddy

Thanks all!!!

I found solution to this problem, a friend of mine emailed me a new noNodes.aspx file and it works fine.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft