Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Joey Kincer 51 posts 83 karma points
    Apr 14, 2010 @ 20:54
    Joey Kincer

Blog4Umbraco "Input String not correct format" with image dimensions

I'm running across this issue on v4.0.3 with Blog4Umbraco and trying to insert images, but my situation is a little different from the others on this forum who have had problems (and found solutions for them).

When I go to insert an image into a blog entry, if I put in just an image URL and submit without declaring width or height dimensions, it works fine. However if I try and declare either width and/or height (whether restrained or not), clicking Submit will give me the following error:

[FormatException: Input string was not in a correct format.]
    System.Number.StringToNumber(String str, NumberStyles options, NumberBuffer& number, NumberFormatInfo info, Boolean parseDecimal) +7469351
    System.Number.ParseInt32(String s, NumberStyles style, NumberFormatInfo info) +119
    umbraco.editorControls.tinymce.tinyMCEImageHelper.cleanImages(String html) +824
    umbraco.editorControls.tinyMCE3.TinyMCE.Save() +414
    umbraco.controls.ContentControl.saveClick(Object Sender, ImageClickEventArgs e) +91
    umbraco.controls.ContentControl.savePublish(Object Sender, ImageClickEventArgs e) +20
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.OnClick(ImageClickEventArgs e) +108
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +118
    System.Web.UI.WebControls.ImageButton.System.Web.UI.IPostBackEventHandler.RaisePostBackEvent(String eventArgument) +10
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(IPostBackEventHandler sourceControl, String eventArgument) +13
    System.Web.UI.Page.RaisePostBackEvent(NameValueCollection postData) +36
    System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1565

If I try and fill out both dimensions, the number I fill in previously turns to "NaN" (which I assume is a built in feature?). At this point, even if I try and clear both fields, the last one will always say "NaN" and will throw the "input format" error.

I'm pretty sure I don't have any Media multi pickers installed or anything like that. (I've only created one extra data type for this installation, a variant of the Ultimate picker).

Any thoughts?

• Ove Andersen 435 posts 1541 karma points c-trib
    Apr 14, 2010 @ 21:59
    Ove Andersen

I have run across this problem, but not when using blog4umbraco.

However, I had the exact same symptoms as you. I posted a bug report on codeplex, but it was closed.

Apr 14, 2010 @ 22:00
    Ove Andersen

The only way for me to fix it was to delete the node and create it one more time and set the image size before saving.

Then it worked for me.

• Joey Kincer 51 posts 83 karma points
    Apr 14, 2010 @ 22:53
    Joey Kincer

Thanks for the reply.

After a little more sleuthing, I found out that it's indeed the NaN that's causing it to error out. I went into HTML mode and changed the "NaN" to a number (or got rid of the offending property altogether) and the error goes away.

Running Firebug, I can see an error being thrown when I unfocus from the dimension fields, which is causing the "NaN" to show up....

rTop.value.toFixed is not a function

So it appears to be a javascript issue. Not sure what can be done to correct this...

Apr 21, 2010 @ 09:20
    Ove Andersen

Maybe you report the issue on Codeplex. Hopefully it will get fixed soon.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft