Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• spyder 4 posts 24 karma points
    Dec 14, 2009 @ 02:58
    spyder

dropdown navigation really working

http://dev.baty-barr.com/navdemo.aspx

I like this, like how it is engineered but I am not able to make it work so that the menu shows the second level (or sub level) navigation lines. I applied it to several cases, to the Runway Site as well, but it only shows the first line of the navigation (the one with red mouse over) only. Any of you has succeeded in having this navigation system (which uses JQuery) to show all the dropdown nodes as in the example here at http://dev.baty-barr.com/navdemo.aspx ??

http://www.netaddicts.be/articles/the-%27ultimate-navigation%27.aspx

I also tried this one but the result was the same: no dropdown list happens.

I think this system is great and may save lots of time instead of writing the same lines again and again. I am testing it on both Umbraco 4.03 and 402.

Dec 14, 2009 @ 03:04
    spyder

probably this topic is to be posted under USING and not here, eh!

Dec 15, 2009 @ 20:13
    spyder

Tried them for days and days, both seem not to work, not to show any submenus!

• Vedran 3 posts 23 karma points
    Feb 24, 2010 @ 10:52
    Vedran

I had similar problem, inserted macro in template, but it didn't show any dropdown on mouse over. I have used RunwayDropdownNavigation, but I suppose problem is the same.

When I compared source code of my page that is generated, and source code of runway page where i had working dropdown navigation I have noticed 2 things. Java scripts wasn't registered and 2nd thing I didn't have Javascript function.

Explanation:

Dropdown menu is generated in XSLT, inside it reference is made to:

• Java script files that it uses - (<xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:RegisterJavaScriptFile('droppyJs', '/scripts/droppy.js')"/>)
    • CSS file - (<xsl:value-of select="umbraco.library:RegisterStyleSheetFile('droppyCss', '/css/dropdownnavigation.css')"/>)
    • javascript function - (<xsl:variable name="droppyJS">$(function() {$('#dropdownNavigation').droppy();});</xsl:variable>)

To have all that generated on your page, inside template in <head> and <form> tags runat="server" is required. It enables to execute XSLT fully.

<head id="head" runat="server">
    enables to write lines of code in head that register javascript "droppy.js" and CSS file "dropdownnavigation.css"

<form id="MasterForm" runat="server">
               <asp:ContentPlaceHolder ID="MasterContentPlaceHolder" runat="server"></asp:ContentPlaceHolder>
    </form>

Writes javascript function that is inside body of a page.
    Note: notice that ContentPlaceHolder is surrounded in <form> tag.

• Laurence Gillian 600 posts 1219 karma points
    Feb 24, 2010 @ 11:46
    Laurence Gillian

Why do you need to use Javascript to create a dropdown menu? /L

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft