Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jeroen Breuer 4908 posts 12265 karma points MVP 4x admin c-trib
    Jul 15, 2009 @ 10:56
    Jeroen Breuer

Umbraco Form Builder

I’m looking for an Umbraco form builder. I’ve already found the axendo form builder, but are there any alternative?

• SaphuA 124 posts 87 karma points
    Jul 15, 2009 @ 11:22
    SaphuA

We have created a simple FormControl that allows the user to build simple forms by adding nodes to a Form document. It's still in its early stages but if you're interested you can contact me: msn [at] saphua.com

• trfletch 598 posts 604 karma points
    Jul 15, 2009 @ 13:02
    Jul 15, 2009 @ 15:31
    Jeroen Breuer

Yes I tried Doc2Form, but it's not really user friendly. The Axendo form builder seems the best option currently.

• trfletch 598 posts 604 karma points
    Jul 15, 2009 @ 16:59
    trfletch

I know what you mean, in fact I have just been asked to add form building functionality to one of my sites and I'm wondering how I explain to users about creating a form using doc2form, also it means I will need to give them access to the Settings section and possibly the Developer section if they want to create new datatypes such as dropdown lists!

• Roel Snetselaar 151 posts 305 karma points
    Jul 29, 2009 @ 23:57
    Roel Snetselaar

On Twitter Niels said something about forms in Umbraco itself (2 days ago): Ah, moved away from mail. Now looking at fall 2009 plans. Umb 4.1, Courier 2.0, Concierge 2.0  and Umbraco Forms. Going to be a good one!

So I guess Forms will be an out of the box functionality within Umbraco. Maybe Niels can clarify more? Would be nice to have I think. Since I've already run into this before. You will need some kind of a form sooner or later.

• Steven Wilber 103 posts 98 karma points
    Jul 30, 2009 @ 00:02
    Steven Wilber

Hi, we've developed one and use it in house for all of our projects that lets the user create the form, produces very simple HTML that allows for good CSS manipulation and we have a bolt on option for carrying out your own code pre-send and post-send to, for example, place the contents of the form into a CRM system, or perhaps to email different people depending upon the contents of the form.

Contact me if you are interested and we can try to package it up. steven [at] essence - design . co . uk 

• Niels Hartvig 1951 posts 2391 karma points c-trib
    Jul 30, 2009 @ 20:18
    Niels Hartvig

Yes, Umbraco Forms will finally be released in the coming Quarter. It's been a while but it's also ton better and slicker than any CMS form builder you've tried before, focused and well designed just like Umbraco ;-)

Send me an e-mail if you'd like to get notified when we announce private betas.

• Roel Snetselaar 151 posts 305 karma points
    Jul 30, 2009 @ 20:35
    Roel Snetselaar

That's very good news Niels! I will shoot you an e-mail regarding the beta, would love to try it!

• M4TTHEW 21 posts 61 karma points
    Aug 19, 2009 @ 20:40
    M4TTHEW

Steven, i love the ED Generic Email Form, great work! One question though, I am not sure i understand the "Form Separator" Document Type. I added some properties to it (like textstring) and i was hoping i could insert text above or below form elements with this. However, it does not seem to show up on my page. Everything else works great, though. Maybe a little guidance in regards to how to add some descriptive text in-between form elements?

for example:

Name:
    Email:

THE ITEMS BELOW ARE OPTONAL

Address:
    Etc:

TIA! ;)

• M4TTHEW 21 posts 61 karma points
    Aug 20, 2009 @ 21:11
    M4TTHEW

nevermind, i figured it out, just had to use some css to hide the textboxes and viola!

Sep 18, 2009 @ 10:23
    Jeroen Breuer

Can anybody post a feature list of what Umbraco Forms can do? I'm very interested in it. Is someone already testing the private beta or is it not released yet? Will Umbraco Forms only be available for pro subscriptions?

Oct 26, 2009 @ 10:06
    Jeroen Breuer

Any news on Umbraco Forms since my last post?

• Niels Hartvig 1951 posts 2391 karma points c-trib
    Oct 26, 2009 @ 12:13
    Niels Hartvig

Umbraco Forms will be released in November - just a few more weeks :-)

• Graham Mulcock 26 posts 48 karma points
    May 14, 2010 @ 14:24
    Graham Mulcock

I just want to add this to a home page, to refer a sign-up to a third-party handler:

<form action="http://third-party_site" method="post" class="aform" name="aname">
    <input type="hidden" name="m" value="1"/>
    <input type="hidden" name="p" value="o"/>
    <p>Your E-mail:&nbsp;&nbsp;<input type="text" name="ea" id="ea" class="normal" size="23"/><input type="image" src="/images/go.gif" value="submit" align="absmiddle" alt="Go"/></p>
    </form>

The content editor doesn't like this - what do I need to do...? Is there a special control I should use? Any advice appreciated.

• Aaron Powell 1708 posts 3046 karma points c-trib
    May 24, 2010 @ 00:49
    Aaron Powell

I'm pretty confident that the WYSIWYG editor wont let you insert form tags. You should create a macro to add it.

• Graham Mulcock 26 posts 48 karma points
    May 26, 2010 @ 10:44
    Graham Mulcock

Thanks, slace. Actually, I ended up putting the code directly into the template, and it seems to work fine. Issue closed.

• Heather Floyd 605 posts 1004 karma points MVP 5x c-trib
    Aug 31, 2010 @ 19:15
    Heather Floyd

@Steven Wilber,

Do you plan to update your excellent form package for the umbraco 4.5 schema? It's the perfect simple solution for unique forms where you just need to collect the data via email.

~Heather

• NETMedia 1 post 21 karma points
    Oct 15, 2010 @ 15:02
    NETMedia

@Heather... "unique forms where you just need to collect the data via email" - that is exactly what we missed in our own Umbraco implementations and finaly we produced a module of our own that actually lets you create your form using any HTML editor you prefer, with no limits in formating whatsoever. You copy/paste HTML of the form in template or content, insert macro.. and form gets posted to email. Since spamming those forms is usually the problem, we also included antispam techniquest inside. After using it for months for our clients, we released it (commercialy) on http://www.mailformprotector.com. We're just setting up project on our.umbraco.org.

Mirko

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft