x First time here? Check out the FAQ
Join us a the Umbraco event of the year - get your Codegarden 14 early bird ticket today

After logon to admin page, only progress bar is shown (version 4.7)

Gert De Ceuster started this topic July 11, 2011 @ 08:57

After deploying my unbraco 4.7 site, the side works well, but when I logon to the administration page, only a progress bar is shown. Any help is appriciated. Thanks.

Comment with ID: 83638
    Viral Shah posted this reply July 15, 2011 @ 09:19

I am having exactly same problem and could not yet figure this out. Any help on this is really appreciated.

Many thanks.

Comment with ID: 83644
    Rich Green posted this reply July 15, 2011 @ 11:16

Possibly a permissions issue, did you double check your file permissions?

Rich

adminComment with ID: 83651
    Lee Kelleher posted this reply July 16, 2011 @ 08:39

Hi Gert and Viral,

Check if you've got JavaScript enabled.

Cheers, Lee.

• Gert De Ceuster posted this reply July 16, 2011 @ 11:05

@Lee: Javascript is indeed enabled.

@Rich: everything underneeth App_Data folder has read/write access. The rest has read access.

The error I'm getting is that the value of JQuery is null. Could this have something to do with ClientDependency.core.dll?

adminComment with ID: 83702
    Lee Kelleher posted this reply July 18, 2011 @ 11:21

Hi Gert,

Are there any other errors/warning about JavaScripts not being loaded in?

I'm thinking it's an issue with the Client Dependency framework ... could you try setting your website to "<compilation debug="true">" in your Web.config? (this will disable Client Dependency - more info here)

Cheers, Lee.

• Gert De Ceuster posted this reply July 18, 2011 @ 01:57

Hi Lee,

Thanks for the reply. Setting "<compilation debug="true">" helps indeed. But should this be left this way? Is there a solution where I can set the debug parameter back to false?

adminComment with ID: 83777
    Lee Kelleher posted this reply July 18, 2011 @ 02:49

Hi Gert, when you say it helps, do you mean that the back-office is working as expected now?

If so, then we've found the cause of the problem - the permissions of the ClientDependency directories.  Double-check the file/folder permissions of "\App_Data\TEMP\ClientDependency" for both NETWORK SERVICE user and IIS_IUSRS group. (I've had a problem with not setting IIS_IUSRS before).

Cheers, Lee.

Comment with ID: 83813
    Viral Shah posted this reply July 18, 2011 @ 05:11

Many thanks Rick and Lee for responding.

When i made setting "<compilation debug="true">" it worked.

But as Gert asked -- should this be left this way? Is there a solution where I can set the debug parameter back to false?

Thanks.

v

• Gert De Ceuster posted this reply July 18, 2011 @ 05:23

Hi Lee,

I can only set the permissions for the NETWORK SERVICE user in the control panel of my hosting.  The IIS_IUSRS group is not showing up in the list. So this means I have to leave my debug set to false?

I will contact my hosting provider to check if he's got an answer to this.

Thanks,

Gert.

adminComment with ID: 83817
    Lee Kelleher posted this reply July 18, 2011 @ 05:42

In answer to the question... "Should you leave your website with <compilation debug="true">"?

Quick answer is no, you should not. There are good explanations to why: here and here.

As for which machine user to set with read/write permissions for Client Dependency ... it should be which ever user is associated with the AppPool. If this is on a hosted web-server, best bet is to speak with their tech support team, see if they can help resolve it.

Good luck!

Cheers, Lee

Pages:

Please login or Sign up To post replies