Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Claus Nedergaard 62 posts 104 karma points
    Feb 10, 2011 @ 16:32
    Claus Nedergaard

cws 2 email a friend form working with 1 mail but not the other??

The Email a friend form in the CWS 2 package is acting strange. The contact form however in working fine.

My clients mail adress is also working fine, since we receive mails from the contact form.

But in the email a friend form the mail is never received when my clients mailadress is typed in the EMAIL FROM field. But if I enter a different mail adress in the EMAIL FROM field the form is working fine.

Can anyone, tell what's happening?

• Tim 1193 posts 2675 karma points MVP 3x c-trib
    Feb 16, 2011 @ 12:01
    Tim

Are the mails going to the same client that the from address is for? It could be that their mail server filters out emails from it's own domain that don't come from the MX server specified for the domain.

E.g. If you send an email from [email protected] to [email protected] using the domain's mail server, it will work fine, but if you send it from a web site it won't, as the mail server thinks its coming from an invalid mail server.

What's the from address for the contact form? Is that coming from the client's email address as well, or a different one?

• Claus Nedergaard 62 posts 104 karma points
    Feb 16, 2011 @ 13:43
    Claus Nedergaard

Hi Tim,

Yes - the sender and receiver account is the very same. And the from adress in the contact form is the same as in the email a friend form.

Been playing with this issue for a while now. I think the form might work as intenden.
    But for some reason I have an issue with my own mailadress - (the one which I have used for testing) - I receive nothing from the email-a-friend form on this mailadress. However when using another of my mailadresses on another domain it works! Very frustrating since it makes no sence. Both of my mailadreses are hosted on the same mailserver - in fact my client in question is also hosted there. The only difference in my personal mailsetup is that that adress that nothing receives is setup as pop3, the one that receives is IMAP.

My client only have 1 mailaccount so havent't tried with 2 accounts. However I tried using mail alias - which (of course) had no effect.

Anyway - the case as you can read is partially solved since i can receive on my alternative mailadress. But the risk of other people trying to use the form and not receiving is of course there unfortuneately.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft