Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Michaël Vanbrabandt 863 posts 3348 karma points c-trib
    Jan 26, 2015 @ 12:56
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

Deploying umbraco 7 to Windows Azure

Hi,

Can someone tell me which type of hosting I need to host the umbraco 7 SQL data on Azure? I see on the site of Azure multiple types where you can choose from, eg. Basic Tier, Standard Tier, ... What type is the best to host this?

Also you have to determine how many Database Throughput Units you want, how do you decide this?

Thanks,

/Michael

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Jan 27, 2015 @ 16:28
    Dan Lister

Hi Michael,

I've been running a few sites using SQL Azure Web Edition for a while now and everything seems to be okay. You might be best off experimenting with different versions. With regards to throughput units, I'm not sure how you decide this. I currently have a Web Edition server with 2000 DTUS.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, Dan.

• Michaël Vanbrabandt 863 posts 3348 karma points c-trib
    Jan 28, 2015 @ 07:50
    Michaël Vanbrabandt

Hi Dan,

how much do you pay then for hosting 1 umbraco site on Azure? Also how do you get so many DTU's? Is this a setting in your subscribtion that you can change? Or is this the standard DTU of the web edition?

/Michael

• Dan Lister 416 posts 1974 karma points c-trib
    Jan 30, 2015 @ 12:23
    Dan Lister

Hi Michael,

It depends on the type of Azure Websites you require:

• Free is obviously free but you can't point custom domains to them.
    • Shared sites are paid for on a per website basis.
    • Basic and Standard means you get your own dedicated resource in Azure. So hosting 1 site costs the same as hosting 100 sites. They all reside on the same server in Azure.

I currently use a Medium Standard configuration which means I can host up to 100 sites for a fee of around £80 a month.

With regards to DTU, I'm not sure how you change this value.

Hope that helps.

Thanks, Dan.

• Christian Lyck 16 posts 98 karma points
    Apr 03, 2017 @ 22:09
    Christian Lyck

Hi Dan

I can see that you answer a lot of questions about Deploy to Azure. Can you tell me which folders / files I need to include in my Umbraco project. I am particularly in doubt about AppBrowsers - AppData - App_Plugins Of course I've tried, but specially packages / plugins has beaten me like a red-haired stepchild. I try to follow this article:

http://maffrigby.com/how-to-deploy-umbraco-7-to-an-azure-website-using-visual-studio-online/

It's ok with xslt web.config, you have to do what he writes , but otherwise looks solutionen a little different, maybe a previous version. Should I use Web Deploy or FTP deploy Hope you can help.

Sincerely Christian Lyck

PS I was not sure if I should create a new thread, but I could not find a way to write directly to you. Hope it's OK

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft