Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Jon Dunfee 199 posts 468 karma points
    Oct 06, 2014 @ 05:19
    Jon Dunfee

4.8.0 to 6.2.2 Media Types not Loading in Settings

So far I've smoothed out all the edges to get the upgrade in place along with all the packages.  I need to make an update to a Media Type and all I get is the following error: "Length cannot be less than zero. Parameter name: length"

Anyone have a recommendation on how I should go about troubleshooting this one?

Here's the log entry:

2014-10-05 23:06:37,981 [6] ERROR Umbraco.Core.UmbracoApplicationBase - [Thread 18] An unhandled exception occurred
    System.Web.HttpUnhandledException (0x80004005): Exception of type 'System.Web.HttpUnhandledException' was thrown. ---> System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Length cannot be less than zero.
    Parameter name: length
       at System.String.InternalSubStringWithChecks(Int32 startIndex, Int32 length, Boolean fAlwaysCopy)
       at umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew.FileNameToIconFileName(FileInfo file)
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectArrayIterator`2.MoveNext()
       at System.Collections.Generic.List`1..ctor(IEnumerable`1 collection)
       at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)
       at umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew.SetupInfoPane()
       at umbraco.controls.ContentTypeControlNew.OnInit(EventArgs e)
       at System.Web.UI.Control.InitRecursive(Control namingContainer)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.HandleError(Exception e)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest()
       at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.CallHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute()
       at System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously)

• Daniel Palm 36 posts 148 karma points
    Oct 24, 2014 @ 00:05
    Daniel Palm

Hi Jon,

Did you solve this? I have the same error in media types and document types.

• Jon Dunfee 199 posts 468 karma points
    Oct 24, 2014 @ 02:50
    Jon Dunfee

Conicidentally, it started showing up after IT beefed up the box by adding additional memory.  I would say that if the box is starving for resources this might be a symptom.  Can you replicate the environment to a local dev to see if it happens to you?

• Daniel Palm 36 posts 148 karma points
    Oct 24, 2014 @ 08:57
    Daniel Palm

I solved my error.

I added an icon to the umbraco/images/umbraco/ folder prior to the first occurance of the error. For the first time ever, probably, I named the file using a special swedish character (รค). This caused the error.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft