Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Benjamin Kennington 8 posts 28 karma points
    Jun 30, 2014 @ 19:51
    Benjamin Kennington

After publish to Azure login failed out of box. Lots of similar requests on this forum but no resolutions

Does this work with Azure? I found a lot of people who had similar problems on this forum, but not a single post had any resolution, so I am not sure of the purpose for this forum if there are so many unanswered tickets. I couldn't find a single ticket with a resolution that worked so I am worried this CMS doesn't work at all.I called support and emailed them but they dumped me off to the forum without one piece of advice. I am trying a new ticket in hopes that someone will find an answer. I stuck my neck out trying Umbraco and now everyone is proving me wrong because eveery other product we tested worked fine out of the box and didnt hose the entire install during a simple task.Can someone please tell me if this CMS is reliable and stable once installed, and what causes this cms to break when you publish to Azure? Lastly, is there any way to get back into the system without trashing the entire thing and starting over?I see the 400.0 error due to malformed syntax, and it says authentication succeeded but on the login page it says login failed, and never redirects me to any other page. I tried this on firefox, several version of IE, local and on Azure. Same error everywhere.DO THESE RELEASES EVEN GET TESTED?? I CAN'T BELIEVE HOW MANY POSTS THERE ARE FOR THIS AND NOT ONE SINGLE EXPLANATION.

Also, the experimental markdown editor stops responding, and hangs the page. When I move to the old rich text editor this sites works at a minimum. It seems like the code is all jacked up here. I really hope someone can fix this otherwise we have to scrap the entire trial and find a CMS that works properly.

Jul 01, 2014 @ 11:10
    Benjamin Kennington

no one has any suggestions? I was told this was a very active forum but it seems like a black hole. Too bad there is no staff presence here.

Jul 05, 2014 @ 13:58
    Benjamin Kennington

bummer. uninstall and balete. This forum is worthless.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5046 posts 15479 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 08, 2014 @ 18:25
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Have you ever thought that your tone might be off-putting to people? I understand that you're frustrated and it's a shame you've had such a bad first few experiences but people would be much more inclined to actually help if you asked a bit more nicely.

Now:

• How did you install Umbraco? Manually? NuGet?
    • How did you publish your Umbraco site to Azure? Visual Studio? Manually? Other?
    • Did you publish your database to Azure as well?
    • You mention Azure, I'm assuming you mean Azure Websites (that's your best option), is that correct?

1000s of people run Umbraco 7 successfully on Azure so hopefully you can too.

• Sebastiaan Janssen 5046 posts 15479 karma points MVP admin hq
    Jul 08, 2014 @ 18:32
    Sebastiaan Janssen

Resolved forum questions:

Also note: if you enter the password for your admin user wrong 5 times, the user will get locked out. Currently unlocking means you'll have to go into the database and in the umbracoUser table set the userNoConsole field back to 0 or false instead of 1 or true (1 means locked out).

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft