This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ugurcanb 16 posts 76 karma points
    Apr 08, 2014 @ 18:27
    Ugurcanb

i can't install umbraco 7.1.1!

Hi! when i want to install umbraco 7.1.1 i have get an error like this:

Error during installation

Password must be at least 4 characters long and contain at least 0 symbols

and i look for the detailed log for this error in tracelog and its look like this:

ERROR Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController - [Thread 18] Installation step User failed. System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Özel durum bir çağırma hedefi tarafından oluşturuldu. ---> System.FormatException: Password must be at least 4 characters long and contain at least 0 symbols konum: Umbraco.Web.Install.InstallSteps.NewInstallStep.Execute(UserModel user) --- İç özel durum yığını izlemesinin sonu --- konum: System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethod(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, Boolean constructor) konum: System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.UnsafeInvokeInternal(Object obj, Object[] parameters, Object[] arguments) konum: System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture) konum: Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController.ExecuteStep(InstallSetupSte p step, JToken instruction) konum: Umbraco.Web.Install.Controllers.InstallApiController.PostPerformInstall(InstallInstructions installModel)

How can i fix this?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Apr 08, 2014 @ 21:48
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi there

I'm not sure, which installation approach you have been taking but make sure you consult the installation documentation to make sure everything thing is setup correctly and that you have installed required frameworks etc. in advance.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Apr 09, 2014 @ 00:23
    Ugurcanb

i've downloaded the zip in download section and i am working on win 8.1 .net framework 4.5.1 i know how to install but i get this error. my password is 12 chars long and contains 1 symbol.

Apr 09, 2014 @ 08:26
    Jan Skovgaard

What approach did you take installing? Manually, using nuget, webmatrix or?

It's important that required frameworks etc. are in place before installing and it's also important to ensure that permsissions have been setup properly etc.

/Jan

Apr 09, 2014 @ 13:40
    Ugurcanb

I've tried to install manually because webmatrix doesn't list umbraco 7.1.1 also tried nuget but failed several times.

Apr 09, 2014 @ 13:45
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Ugurcanb

Yeh, that's because MS is really slow at updating unfortunately and I should have mentioned that in my previous post.

However please try installing using webmatrix initially - Even though v7.1.1 is not offered it will still make sure all required frameworks etc. are installed before it tries installing Umbraco.

Hope this helps.

/Jan

Apr 09, 2014 @ 13:59
    Ugurcanb

and finally i've installed using nuget but it gives the same error.

Apr 09, 2014 @ 14:07
    Ugurcanb

I've changed the file permissions iusr iisiusr network and networkservice have full permissions. same error.

Apr 09, 2014 @ 14:20
    Ugurcanb

at last i've changed the culture setting to english (en) and installed. i think umbraco v7 doesn't work on turkish culture.

Apr 09, 2014 @ 15:40
    Jan Skovgaard

Aaaah, I assumed the system was running english culture. I've seen others like french and spanish having issues.

Perhaps you can file an issue on http://issues.umbraco.org/issues about this.

/Jan

• ibrahim TUNC 54 posts 132 karma points
    Sep 27, 2014 @ 23:49
    ibrahim TUNC

Ugurcanb's answer is absolutely correct.
    Umbraco v7 installation doesn't work on turkish culture. Change the culture setting to english (en) and install.

It had been tested.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft