Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andrew 7 posts 37 karma points
    Dec 02, 2013 @ 07:13
    Andrew

U7 - HTTP 405 Error when attempting to delete backoffice content

For starters this might be similiar to this issue (http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/46510-U7-error-when-delete-a-content-in-backoffice) however they are receiving a HTTP 404.

Anyhow; I can install Umbraco just fine and run through a basic starter kit (it downloads fine and unpacks it; so I don't think I am bumping into a permission issue).

I can create new templates and CSS files but I cannot actually delete anything. Opening up the console I see plenty of "Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 405 (Method Not Allowed)" I see no entries for this request in the App_data logs.

Technical Info:

Umbraco 7.0

Windows 2012 Server x64 (Clean IIS 8.0 Install)

SQL CE

AppPool: v4.0 Integrated Pipeline w/Custom User (Full Control on Directory)

Other Notes: Normally I just host this elsewhere but I have decided to self-host on my VPS so I might be missing any additional configurations that are made to IIS that a third-party traditionally makes.

TL;DR: HTTP 405 thrown when deleting back office content.

Dec 03, 2013 @ 03:39
    Andrew

Don't really know the issue that caused all my pain but I opted to do a barebones IIS8.0 instead of just gung-hoe installing all the features I wanted.

IIS Working Configuration:

ASP.NET 4.5

FTP Server

App Pool: .NET v4.5 w/User Permissions setup

Load User Profile set to False (Advanced Settings)

Created a Site and placed the contents into a folder lower then wwwroot (Ex. C:\inetpub\wwwroot\

Broken Configuration:

ASP.NET 4.5

FTP Server

Server Side Includes

WebSockets Protocol

HTTP Redirects

Dynamic Content Compression

CGI

• Per Ploug 865 posts 3491 karma points MVP admin
    Dec 03, 2013 @ 09:16
    Per Ploug

Hi Andrew

Just tried to replicate this issue, and I can make it happen on my machine too but only if I install webdav on IIS, then delete calls fail, we are working on a fix for 7.0.1 - but in the meantime the recommendation is to remove webdav from IIS if you receive 405 errors on delete.

/Per

Dec 03, 2013 @ 15:55
    Andrew

Confirmed on my end; WebDav was indeed the culprit. Thanks for the help Per!

• Willem 6 posts 26 karma points
    Dec 12, 2013 @ 11:26
    Willem

Hi, Just installed umbraco 7 using the TXT template and tried to delete the bits of content that comes with it (i.e. the text pages under the home page). It seems to just keep on loading, but in firebug I can see the DELETE http call responds with a "405 Method not allowed" error. The site is installed on IIS7.5. WebDav is disabled for the website in IIS manager (although still installed on the server since I'm not sure if any other websites on the same server is using it).

I've also tried adding the following to my web.config:

<add name="RestProxy64" path="p.ashx" verb="*" modules="IsapiModule"
                    scriptProcessor="C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\aspnet_isapi.dll"
                    preCondition="classicMode,runtimeVersionv2.0,bitness64"/>

Do I need to uninstall WebDav completely or would disabling it on the individual website be fine? Any other suggestions or help would be very much appreciated.

P.S. Umbraco 7 is awesome!

• Willem 6 posts 26 karma points
    Dec 12, 2013 @ 11:36
    Willem

Found this which worked perfectly for me:

http://issues.umbraco.org/issue/U4-3426

in particular:

Try putting this in your web.config:

http://stackoverflow.com/a/14060774/5018

So:

<system.webServer>
    <modules>