Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Craig100 1136 posts 2523 karma points c-trib
    Aug 06, 2013 @ 22:59
    Craig100

Upgrade developer section error

Having just upgraded a site from 6.1.1 to 6.1.3 it all works great on my dev VM. However, on the live server, when I open the Developer section in the CMS I get a javascript alert with this in it (I've set customErrors to Off in web.config):-

"error: {"Message":"An error has occurred.","ExceptionMessage":"The 'ObjectContent1' type failed to serialize the response body for content type 'application/json; charset=utf-8'.","ExceptionType":"System.InvalidOperationException","StackTrace":null,"InnerException":{"Message":"An error has occurred.","ExceptionMessage":"Could not create an index searcher with the supplied lucene directory","ExceptionType":"System.ApplicationException","StackTrace":" at Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.LuceneSearcher.ValidateSearcher(Boolean forceReopen)\r\n at Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.LuceneSearcher.GetSearcher()\r\n at Umbraco.Web.Search.ExamineExtensions.GetIndexReaderForSearcher(BaseLuceneSearcher searcher)\r\n at Umbraco.Web.Search.ExamineExtensions.GetIndexDocumentCount(LuceneIndexer indexer)\r\n at Umbraco.Web.WebServices.ExamineManagementApiController.CreateModel(BaseIndexProvider indexer)\r\n at System.Linq.Enumerable.WhereSelectEnumerableIterator2.MoveNext()\r\n at System.Collections.Generic.List1..ctor(IEnumerable1 collection)\r\n at System.Linq.Enumerable.ToList[TSource](IEnumerable`1 source)\r\n at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonArrayContract.CreateWrapper(Object list)\r\n at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.SerializeValue(JsonWriter writer, Object value, JsonContract valueContract, JsonProperty member, JsonContainerContract containerContract, JsonProperty containerProperty)\r\n at Newtonsoft.Json.Serialization.JsonSerializerInternalWriter.Serialize(JsonWriter jsonWriter, Object value)\r\n at Newtonsoft.Json.JsonSerializer.SerializeInternal(JsonWriter jsonWriter, Object value)\r\n at System.Net.Http.Formatting.JsonMediaTypeFormatter.<>cDisplayClassd.c()\r\n at System.Threading.Tasks.TaskHelpers.RunSynchronously(Action action, CancellationToken token)","InnerException":{"Message":"An error has occurred.","ExceptionMessage":"read past EOF","ExceptionType":"System.IO.IOException","StackTrace":" at Lucene.Net.Index.SegmentInfos.FindSegmentsFile.Run(IndexCommit commit)\r\n at Lucene.Net.Index.DirectoryReader.Open(Directory directory, IndexDeletionPolicy deletionPolicy, IndexCommit commit, Boolean readOnly, Int32 termInfosIndexDivisor)\r\n at Lucene.Net.Search.IndexSearcher..ctor(Directory path, Boolean readOnly)\r\n at Examine.LuceneEngine.Providers.LuceneSearcher.ValidateSearcher(Boolean forceReopen)"}}"

I'm on shared hosting with a Plesk control panel. Have set all the directory permissions as usual. It's an MVC based site.

Any clues would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Craig

Aug 07, 2013 @ 15:19
    Craig100

Could anyone help with this, it's happening on more than one site? It's also affecting pages with a similar Lucene error and I don't know what to do about it. In V4 you could just delete all the TEMP directory files and it would sort itself out. Not so on 6.1.3.

Cheers,

Craig

Aug 08, 2013 @ 15:31
    Craig100

I should also mention the Examine Management tab merely shows a permanent progress bar as below:-

enter image description here

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. This is issue and the other related issue (http://our.umbraco.org/forum/core/general/43887-Lucene-issues) is causing much pain in getting this project on it's live server.

Cheers,

Craig

Aug 08, 2013 @ 21:52
Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft