Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Andreas Johansson 9 posts 42 karma points
    Mar 01, 2013 @ 10:28
    Andreas Johansson

Upgrading from 6.0.0 to 6.0.1 and then Umbraco goes back to 6.0.0

Hi!

I'm having problem with patching my 6.0.0 to 6.0.1. I'm copying all files (I'm not changing any config file) installing as it should. When I come to bakcoffice after the install I can confirm it's verison 6.0.1. In the config file though, it's still says 6.0.0 and when I try to run the site it forces me to do the installation over and over again. 

If I remove the 6.0.0 value in the config file I force Umbraco to set it to 6.0.1 and it's all fine for one page request. Thereafter it forces a new installation and goes back to 6.0.0. (I can confirm it both by verison number and the sorting feature where copied nodes have their old node names left when sorting.)

Is this a bug or am I doing anything wrong?

Thanks in advance!

• ID 27 posts 128 karma points
    Mar 01, 2013 @ 21:10
    ID

Just leave the value empty and follow the upgrade steps... After upgrading mine was replaced with 6.0.1. (Also updated from 6.0.0 -> 6.0.1)

I used the nuget package and scanned all the config changes using tfs.

• Andreas Johansson 9 posts 42 karma points
    Mar 02, 2013 @ 09:29
    Andreas Johansson

Thanks for the reply!

Unfortunately that's similar to what I did. I left the version empty, it changed to 6.0.1 the first time and thereafter it changes back to 6.0.0. Don't know what I can have done wrong.

EDIT
    I now upgraded from NuGet, restarted VIsual studio as it said and it now seems to work. Let's hope it doesn't force me to install back to 6.0.0 later :) 

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft