Aug 31, 2009 @ 00:28
    Johan Roug

Installing Umbraco at UnoEuro webhotel

I'm having problems installing Umbraco at unoeuro.com I get

Server Error

Internet Information Services 7.0

Error Summary

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error

The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

Detailed Error Information
    Module IIS Web Core
    Notification Unknown
    Handler Not yet determined
    Error Code 0x8007000d
    Config Error Only one <configSections> element allowed. It must be the first child element of the root <configuration> element
    Config File \\?\d:\web\localuser\digitalent.dk\public_html\web.config
    Requested URL http://digitalent.dk.nt10.unoeuro.com:80/install/default.aspx
    Physical Path
    Logon Method Not yet determined
    Logon User Not yet determined
    Config Source
        8: 
    9: <configSections>
    10: <section name="urlrewritingnet" restartOnExternalChanges="true" requirePermission="false" type="UrlRewritingNet.Configuration.UrlRewriteSection, UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter" />
    Links and More Information This error occurs when there is a problem reading the configuration file for the Web server or Web application. In some cases, the event logs may contain more information about what caused this error.

View more information »

• Dirk De Grave 4541 posts 6021 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Aug 31, 2009 @ 08:23
    Dirk De Grave

Hi,

Doesn't seem like an install problem, it's more of a config error. Do you the web.config available for listing here? (do remove sensitive info..)

Cheers,

/Dirk

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Aug 31, 2009 @ 10:18
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi

Have you tried e-mailing support about your issue? They are usually responding pretty fast.

Like Dirk, I don't think it is an installation issue. Seems to be a server problem.

/Jan

• Johan Roug 97 posts 153 karma points
    Aug 31, 2009 @ 10:33
    Johan Roug

Yeah. Support says that it should work straight out of the box. But I tried installing a clean Umbraco. olnly adding this to the web.config

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<configuration>

<system.web>

<customErrors mode="Off"/>

</system.web>

<configSections>

<section name="urlrewritingnet" restartOnExternalChanges="true" requirePermission="false" type="UrlRewritingNet.Configuration.UrlRewriteSection, UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter" />

<!-- ASPNETAJAX -->

<sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=1.0.61025.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35">

<sectionGroup name="scripting

• Tommy Poulsen 514 posts 708 karma points
    Aug 31, 2009 @ 10:36
    Tommy Poulsen

you could try posting your full web.config here (removing passwords etc.)

>Tommy

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Aug 31, 2009 @ 10:55
    Peter Dijksterhuis

As the error states, you can have only 1 configSection.

If you added that piece you posted, take it out and look where the existing one is. Then add (or alter) the code there.

HTH,

Peter

Aug 31, 2009 @ 12:17
    Johan Roug

now my site works

Aug 31, 2009 @ 12:19
    Johan Roug

Except I have publishin problems

Thanks. My site is up and running. UnoEuro.com changed something in the webconfig.

#Peter. Yeah I did that afterwards :)

Apparently I have some publishin problems. Besides this everything works fine. Even the import of database through MSSQL2008 studio management tooll

Server Error in '/' Application.

Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'id', table 'digitalent_dk_db.dbo.cmsPropertyData'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
    The statement has been terminated.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code. 

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Cannot insert the value NULL into column 'id', table 'digitalent_dk_db.dbo.cmsPropertyData'; column does not allow nulls. INSERT fails.
    The statement has been terminated.

• Peter Dijksterhuis 1442 posts 1722 karma points
    Aug 31, 2009 @ 12:22
    Peter Dijksterhuis

Importing a DB is not a good idea. It does not import the auto-increments, hence your error.

You could edit all tables manually and add the auto_increment on the fields that need it, faster way would be to restore a backup of your DB I guess.

HTH,

Peter

Aug 31, 2009 @ 12:34
    Johan Roug

yeah normally I do a restore, but when connecting to my webhost through MSSQL server2008 studio management tool, I can't seem to see my .bak file on my computer. 

• Morten Bock 1867 posts 2140 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Aug 31, 2009 @ 18:03
    Morten Bock

You may want to try the Database Publishing Wizard tool. It creates your entire database as a couple of .sql files you can then run against your target db.

http://www.codeplex.com/sqlhost/Wiki/View.aspx?title=Database%20Publishing%20Wizard

You may need to modify the script with regards to the user prefix on the tables like [dbo] if that is an issue.

Aug 31, 2009 @ 18:46
    Johan Roug

#Morten

I'll give it a try. Thank you

Aug 31, 2009 @ 19:26
    Tommy Poulsen

I use this publishing wizard when I publish to unoeuro - it's available from MS Visual Web Developer, Database Explorer, when right clicking on your database ("Publish to provider...")

>Tommy

Sep 10, 2009 @ 17:57
    Johan Roug

Very interesting Tommy. Yeah I found what you are talking about. It seems that I need a webservice adress, username and password. Where can I find this?

Sep 10, 2009 @ 18:29
    Tommy Poulsen

Hmm, what do you need a webservice for - I don't recall anything like that

• Morten Bock 1867 posts 2140 karma points MVP 2x admin c-trib
    Sep 10, 2009 @ 22:40
    Morten Bock

I think the publishing wizard comes wit a web project in case you dont have the possibility to use a normal SQL connection to the remote DB. 

Can you connect to your DB directly from you own machine?

Sep 11, 2009 @ 00:30
    Johan Roug

Yes I can connect to my database via MSsql studio management 2008, or visual studio 2008, I can't make a restore, but I can import my database.. So I don't need to use a webservice.??

Ok what I do is, I first connect to my database via visual studio. Then I rightclick on my local database and generate a sql script that I put on my desktop.. what do I do then? Is this at all the right way so far?

Sep 11, 2009 @ 00:55
    Johan Roug

ahh.. I did it.. So my first steps were correct. So here it is for others in trouple.

Ok what I do is, I first connect to my database via visual studio. Then I rightclick on my local database and generate a sql script that I put on my desktop.. what do I do then? Is this at all the right way so far?

Then I go in MS sql management studio, and connect to my web database. I then choose, open > file (under file), and choose my sql script. When the sxript is open, I just choose "ececute" which is located on the icons (print).

Besides this I copied all my files from my local computer to the ftp

Sep 11, 2009 @ 08:14
    Tommy Poulsen

That sounds about right - so everything is cool now?

Sep 11, 2009 @ 13:15
    Johan Roug

Yes everything is cool, and I can now even publish to my site. I couldn't do that before, when I imported the database

Sep 11, 2009 @ 13:34
    Tommy Poulsen

Perfect

Sep 11, 2009 @ 15:21
    Johan Roug

<!-- /* Font Definitions */ @font-face {font-family:"Cambria Math"; panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:1; mso-generic-font-family:roman; mso-font-format:other; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:0 0 0 0 0 0;} @font-face {font-family:Calibri; panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4; mso-font-charset:0; mso-generic-font-family:swiss; mso-font-pitch:variable; mso-font-signature:-1610611985 1073750139 0 0 159 0;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; margin-top:0cm; margin-right:0cm; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:0cm; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} p.MsoListParagraph, li.MsoListParagraph, div.MsoListParagraph {mso-style-priority:34; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; margin-top:0cm; margin-right:0cm; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:36.0pt; mso-add-space:auto; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} p.MsoListParagraphCxSpFirst, li.MsoListParagraphCxSpFirst, div.MsoListParagraphCxSpFirst {mso-style-priority:34; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-type:export-only; margin-top:0cm; margin-right:0cm; margin-bottom:0cm; margin-left:36.0pt; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-add-space:auto; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} p.MsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle, li.MsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle, div.MsoListParagraphCxSpMiddle {mso-style-priority:34; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-type:export-only; margin-top:0cm; margin-right:0cm; margin-bottom:0cm; margin-left:36.0pt; margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-add-space:auto; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} p.MsoListParagraphCxSpLast, li.MsoListParagraphCxSpLast, div.MsoListParagraphCxSpLast {mso-style-priority:34; mso-style-unhide:no; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-type:export-only; margin-top:0cm; margin-right:0cm; margin-bottom:10.0pt; margin-left:36.0pt; mso-add-space:auto; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; mso-default-props:yes; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:Calibri; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi; mso-fareast-language:EN-US;} .MsoPapDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; margin-bottom:10.0pt; line-height:115%;} @page Section1 {size:595.3pt 841.9pt; margin:3.0cm 2.0cm 3.0cm 2.0cm; mso-header-margin:35.4pt; mso-footer-margin:35.4pt; mso-paper-source:0;} div.Section1 {page:Section1;} /* List Definitions */ @list l0 {mso-list-id:1523713628; mso-list-type:hybrid; mso-list-template-ids:992002178 -734082676 67502105 67502107 67502095 67502105 67502107 67502095 67502105 67502107;} @list l0:level1 {mso-level-tab-stop:none; mso-level-number-position:left; text-indent:-18.0pt; mso-ansi-language:EN-US;} @list l1 {mso-list-id:1598753741; mso-list-type:hybrid; mso-list-template-ids:-194211586 67502095 67502105 67502107 67502095 67502105 67502107 67502095 67502105 67502107;} @list l1:level1 {mso-level-tab-stop:none; mso-level-number-position:left; text-indent:-18.0pt;} @list l2 {mso-list-id:1988508783; mso-list-type:hybrid; mso-list-template-ids:1479427766 67502095 67502105 67502107 67502095 67502105 67502107 67502095 67502105 67502107;} @list l2:level1 {mso-level-tab-stop:none; mso-level-number-position:left; text-indent:-18.0pt;} @list l2:level2 {mso-level-number-format:alpha-lower; mso-level-tab-stop:none; mso-level-number-position:left; text-indent:-18.0pt;} @list l2:level3 {mso-level-number-format:roman-lower; mso-level-tab-stop:none; mso-level-number-position:right; text-indent:-9.0pt;} ol {margin-bottom:0cm;} ul {margin-bottom:0cm;} -->

I made a tutorial, which I have also send to UnoEuro.

Move local Umbraco database to UnoEuro database

First we need access to your local databse through Visual Studio

1.       Open visual studio

2.       Under menuen Tools choose ”connect to databse”

3.       In the popup window, choose  “Microsoft sql server”

4.       In the next  popup window, choose ”use Sql server authoration”

a.       Fill out servername. This is normaly your computername + \SQLEXPRESS

i.      (Fx ”youname-xxxxxxxx\SQLEXPRESS”)

b.       (You can find your computername by rightclicking on”my computer” and choose the tab computername)

5.       Write your username and password, which you normaly use when logging into your local database

6.       Choose your database, which you want on unoeuro webserver

7.       Click “test connection” button, which should display ”Test connection succeeded”

8.       If you can answer yes to the above, click OK

Now we will make a sql script from your local database

1.       On the right side of your screen, you will see your database connection. Rightclick on it and choose ”publish to provider”

2.       Click next, and choose your database.Make sure that ”script all objects  in the selected database” is selected.

3.       Click next, and choose your location for your sscriptfile, fx on your desktop.Also give it a name

4.       Click next, click next, click finnish.

5.       Now Visual studio creates the script for you. This might take a minute.

6.       Close Visual studio

Now our local database, which we have made a script from, will be put on our UnoEuro server

Open  Microsoft SQL server Management studio

1.       Log on to your unoEuro webdatabase. You can find servername,  login and password at Unoeuro, or o none of the emails you have from Unoeuro.

2.       Click connect

3.       Under file,choose Open > file

4.       Choose your script, which we made earlier. It’s properbly on your desktop. Choose open

5.       On your left side of the screen, you can now see all databse on UnoEuro, but of cause you can only edit your own database. Find your database in the list.

6.       Click “Execute”, which is a button located cloase to the print icon. The program will now put your scriptet database onto your UnoEuro database.

7.       Close the program Microsoft SQL server Management studio

Put all your Umbraco files onto your FTP.

You now have a 100% working Umbraco solution

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft