Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Zakhar 171 posts 397 karma points
    Jan 16, 2013 @ 15:22
    Zakhar

Umbraco site broke after upgrade

Hi guys, I upgraded my Umbraco installation 4.7.2 -> 4.11.3.1. Upgrade process was succesful, but the site is broken now.

If I go to home page I get this exception:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
       umbraco.UmbracoDefault.OnPreInit(EventArgs e) +202
       System.Web.UI.Page.PerformPreInit() +48
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1843

if I go to /umbraco/umbraco.aspx I get [System.InvalidOperationException: Values cannot be returned until Resolution is frozen]

with this stacktrace:

[InvalidOperationException: Values cannot be returned until Resolution is frozen]
       Umbraco.Core.ObjectResolution.ManyObjectsResolverBase`2.get_Values() +843
       umbraco.BusinessLogic.Actions.Action.GetJavaScriptFileReferences() +29
       umbraco.cms.presentation._umbraco.RenderActionJS() +83
       umbraco.cms.presentation._umbraco.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +1706
       umbraco.BasePages.BasePage.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +19
       System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +71
       System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3178

Any ideas?

• Jan Skovgaard 11280 posts 23678 karma points MVP 10x admin c-trib
    Jan 17, 2013 @ 20:45
    Jan Skovgaard

Hi Zakhar

Did you go directly from 4.7.2 to 4.11.3.1? Or did you do the upgrade step by step from 4.7.2 to 4.8 etc.?

Have you also made sure to merge the files in the config folder and the changes in the web.config? And did you increment the version number in the clientdependency.config file after the upgrade?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

/Jan

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft