Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Anthony Candaele 1197 posts 2049 karma points
    Jan 13, 2013 @ 15:43
    Anthony Candaele

issue related links datatype in Umbraco 4.11.3.1

Hi,

I'm not sure if the problem is due to my local install or if this is a bug in Umbraco 4.11.3.1, but when I try to add a link with the Related Links datatype and click the 'Add' button, notting happens:

can anyone confirm this?

greetings,

Anthony

• Charles Afford 1163 posts 1709 karma points
    Jan 13, 2013 @ 22:26
    Charles Afford

Hi, i am sure that you have done this but.. have you tried creating another datatype and seeing if you are able to add it then?  I am using the releated links datatype in the 4.11.3.1 release.

Jan 14, 2013 @ 06:10
    Anthony Candaele

@Charles, thanks for your answer. Damn, then something must got screwed when upgrading from Umbraco 4.7.2 to 4.11.3.1  :(

greetings,

Anthony

Jan 14, 2013 @ 10:03
    Charles Afford

Yea prob best to do a re-install and then see if you can use the datatype again.  If not aleast its ruled out :)

Jan 15, 2013 @ 06:05
    Anthony Candaele

I just tested the Related Links data type again. I seems that the issue is due to the document type (uBlogsyPost) where I'm trying to assign the property 'Related Links' to. I tested the Related Links on another document type, and there the Related Links datatype works just fine.

Weird!

greetings,

Anthony

Jan 15, 2013 @ 21:50
    Charles Afford

hmmm that is a bit strange.  You might want to report that bug.  Glad you got it working :)

• Funka! 398 posts 661 karma points
    Jan 15, 2013 @ 23:08
    Funka!

Hi Anthony,

I know this is not really answering your question, but more of just a comment/possible workaround/improvement to say that we ended up changing out our RelatedLinks datatypes for the "Multi-Url Picker" that comes with uComponents. Mainly because with the stock RelatedLinks datatype we found you couldn't edit existing entries once they were added---much less even see what the old URLs were previously set to.

So,... if you have uComponents available and this is a possible option for you, you may find it to be an overall better solution.

Good luck!

Jan 16, 2013 @ 08:59
    Anthony Candaele

@Charles, yeah, it's weird. Currently I don't know if it has something to do with me, updating the site from Umbraco v4.7.2 to v4.11.3.1, or if it has something to do with the uBlogsy package. I'll test this by trying to create the same property (of type Related Links) on another Umbraco install that has the uBlogsy package.

@Funka: thanks for the tip. I do have uComponents (v5.3) installed, so I'll use the Multi-Url Picker as a workaround/improvement.

greetings,

Anthony

Jan 16, 2013 @ 10:00
    Anthony Candaele

I just tested the Related Links datatype on a fresh Umbraco v4.11.3.1 install.

I added a property "Related Links" of datatype Related Links to the uBlogsyPost document type. I have the same issue as described above. When clicking the "Add" button to add a link, nothing happens.

As the Related Links datatype works on a non-ublogsy document type, I guess this has something to do with the uBlogsy package.

Can other people confirm this bug?

greetings,

Anthony

Jan 19, 2013 @ 17:21
    Anthony Candaele

@Funka: I've succesfully extended the uBlogsyPost document type with a property (Related Links) of type uComponents Multi-URL Picker . Works like a charm. So guess the problem must be caused by the default Related Links datatype.

greetings,

Anthony

Jan 19, 2013 @ 23:02
    Charles Afford

@Funka will try the vMulti-Url Picker, thanks for that tip.  Its being driving me mad not being able to edit.  @Anthony Thanks :) glad you managed to find the source of the problem.  Charles.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft