Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Rasmus Fjord 675 posts 1566 karma points c-trib
    Jul 19, 2012 @ 17:16
    Rasmus Fjord

Updating from 4.7.1 to 4.8 and my TinyMCE is gone

Hey :)

I just updated my own solution to the new 4.8 and my TinyMCE rich text editor is gone from the nodes. 

There is nothing special about the solution except that i have disabled TIDY to format the content(I dont see that there should be any link between this.).

Ive copied over the bin/umbraco/umbraco_client folders over and deleted app global asax.dll, and ve also updated the umbracosettings.config with the new media section. So should be a textbook upgrade?

Anyone got some ideas ? 

• Facius 12 posts 73 karma points
    Jul 19, 2012 @ 22:52
    Facius

I had the same problem on a clean Umbraco 4.8 install. Turns out it was my language setting that broke the TinyMCE.
    Check your browsers console log you might get a missing "/umbraco_client/tinymce3/langs/da.js"

Go to http://www.tinymce.com/i18n/index.php?ctrl=lang&act=index&pr_id=6 and download the languages you need, upload the language packs to your /umbraco_client/tinymce3 folder.

it fixed my problems, hope its of any help!

Jul 19, 2012 @ 23:31
    Rasmus Fjord

Hmm you might be on to something, it seems its not the language packs for me but something else. Im getting 2 errors in console everytime i load a node.

this.getDoc() is undefined

return this.bodyElement || this.getDoc().body;
    /umbraco/plugins/tinymce3/tinymce3tinymceCompress.aspx?rnd=c2841e4b-a19a-4074-a5f6-1ab2eb88229f&module=gzipmodule&themes=umbraco&plugins=umbracoimg,paste,inlinepopups,table,spellchecker,advlink,media,noneditable,umbracocss,umbracomacro,umbracopaste,umbracolink,umbracocontextmenu&languages=en (line 14216)
    ed.plugins.contextmenu is undefined

ed.plugins.contextmenu.onContextMenu.add(function (th, menu, event) {
    /umbraco/plugins/tinymce3/tinymce3tinymceCompress.aspx?rnd=6bf3649d-ac43-4ecb-aefd-a61c17ac779b&module=gzipmodule&themes=umbraco&plugins=umbracoimg,paste,inlinepopups,table,spellchecker,advlink,media,noneditable,umbracocss,umbracomacro,umbracopaste,umbracolink,umbracocontextmenu&languages=en (line 25698)
    Hmm got any ideas on these errors ?
    Jul 19, 2012 @ 23:42
    Facius

It also breaks my TinyMCE if i disable the context menu on my DataType.

Developer -> DataTypes -> Richtext Editor - Enable Contextmenu must be activated.
    Refresh your browser and see if that get you anywhere  :) 

Jul 19, 2012 @ 23:44
    Rasmus Fjord

And stuff is back .. :) 

Hmm think we found a bug, i will report it in the mornin´ Thx champ for the help :) 

Jul 19, 2012 @ 23:47
    Facius

Oh yes... have you upgraded the TinyMCE to the new version on the DataType? Make sure its not set to the deprecated version.

Jul 19, 2012 @ 23:49
    Facius

Good to hear!

Yes, I think this new TinyMCE implementation might have been done a bit to fast :)

Missing languages, and options that break the javascript :)

Jul 20, 2012 @ 09:12
    Rasmus Fjord

Jup I never use the deprecated one :) 

Its been reported 

http://umbraco.codeplex.com/workitem/30932

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft