Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• f10x 21 posts 18 karma points
    Jul 27, 2009 @ 04:26
    f10x

Umbraco Vs Umbraco Pro and staging servers

Hi, this is with respec to my post last week, where I mentioned that we are trying to use a staging server as a single point to push content to a load balancer.

The original post is here if you are interested http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/2968-How-to-From-Staging-server-to-3-Load-balancing-servers

Would Courier/Concierge help to achive this? would it be easy to publish from Staging to the loadbalancer? or would we have to install Umbrco on all servers irrespective of Courier/Concierge?

what are the benefits of Umbraco Pro over the free version of Umbraco?

any help with this?

Thank you.

• Peter Gregory 408 posts 1614 karma points MVP 3x admin c-trib
    Jul 27, 2009 @ 09:20
    Peter Gregory

Hi... 

You would still need to have umbraco on all your servers.  Courier is just a tool for moving content nodes and media nodes between different instances of umbraco ie your staging and live environments.    Concierge basically is a report on the DocumentTypes and Action Handlers etc that you have installed in that umbraco instance.   I think in a version that Niels is working on at the moment there is going to checkin and checkout to help stop node overwrites when two people are working the same umbraco instance.

There is a video on how to load ballance an umbraco site in the umbraco.tv

Benefits of Umbraco Pro are obviously the tools and if you go for the support option you get access to support at a more in depth level which includes architectural support etc.

Hope that helps a bit.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft