Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• John C Scott 473 posts 1183 karma points
    Apr 25, 2012 @ 23:56
    John C Scott

/base 500 internal server error

Have a tested working local site, but I've just copied it to a staging server.

I'm now getting a 500 error for requests to anything in the /base api I've created.

Everything else is working fine.

The main question I have is - these 500 errors don't seem to be appearing in the IIS log, any idea anywhere I could go to get further information about the nature of the error, setting CustomErrors to Off also seems to make no difference.

Any clues for a good way to go about debugging this error?

• Jon R. Humphrey 164 posts 455 karma points c-trib
    Apr 26, 2012 @ 02:43
    Jon R. Humphrey

John,

My only thought this late in the day would be "http://processhacker.sourceforge.net/"?

Hope this helps, let us know @ #umbristol tomorrow?

J

• Zac 239 posts 541 karma points
    May 24, 2012 @ 17:35
    Zac

Hey John,

Did you figure this out?  I'm running into the same issue -- my rest extensions work fine locally but I'm getting a 500 error on the server.

• João Pereira 41 posts 64 karma points
    Jun 22, 2012 @ 15:17
    João Pereira

Any solution for this?

Everything works perfect in development, but when uploaded to production, the only rest extensions that do not produce a 500 error are the ones that have parameters.

Going nuts...

Umbraco v4.7.2

Thanks!

• Zac 239 posts 541 karma points
    Jun 22, 2012 @ 16:59
    Zac

It ended up being a permissions error, which seemed very odd considering some of the rest extensions worked and some did not.   I believe it was specifically a permissions issue on the bin folder.

Hope this helps

• João Pereira 41 posts 64 karma points
    Jun 23, 2012 @ 00:18
    João Pereira

Thanks for your reply Summit.

Permissions wasn't my problem, but you pointed to the right place to look. I forgot to upload the .NET JSON library that was used in some calls of base. :sigh: duhhh

Amazingly I had a rest call that used JSON but had parameters, and it didn't returned a 500 error somehow...

Anyway, thanks a lot!

João

• Atoosa Khoda 96 posts 148 karma points
    Jul 18, 2013 @ 09:31
    Atoosa Khoda

Hi João Pereira 

can you indicate please what assembly and name space did you add to get this issue resovled? i'm getting error 500 on my json rest extension.

Many Thanks.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft