Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Daniel 20 posts 40 karma points
    Feb 27, 2012 @ 19:31
    Daniel

Recycling app pool each time a change has been made to

I've made a multi lingual site which contains 4 domains on the same site and thus, also 4 different languages and site trees.

However, each time I need to publich a new change to a site or otherwise (like updating a template, script etc.) I have to recycle the app pool to make the changes appear when viewing the site as a visitor.

How do I get about this, is it possible I have changed something for the worse?

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Feb 28, 2012 @ 09:19
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Daniel,

It sounds like an caching issue. This could be done in a couple of places, either in IIS, or Web.config (e.g. response output caching), or in any of your macros?

In the back-office, check the Cache Browser in the developer section, see if anything appears suspicious in there?

Cheers, Lee.

Feb 28, 2012 @ 09:30
    Daniel

Hello Lee,

Thanks for your attention in this, it's greatly appreciated.

I have no idea however, about what would be suspicious about the Cache Browser, I'm not the most experienced user in that part of Umbraco. I've taken a screenshot of the general overview of the folder, perhaps it could shed some insight.

If this doesn't provide any possible insight, I can post a link to all my razor macros.

I really appreciate any help you can offer in this case, as I'm nearing the end of my abilities in Umbraco.

Regards,
    Daniel

• Lee Kelleher 4020 posts 15802 karma points MVP 13x admin c-trib
    Feb 28, 2012 @ 09:39
    Lee Kelleher

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the screengrab.  I know exactly what you mean, difficult to decypher what the cache browser has in it! :-) (It's mostly guess work for me too!)

I can't see anything suspicious in there.  There is no mention of macros being cached, so that rules those out.  Next would be to look at your Web.config settings (search for the <caching> section) ... after that check IIS, see if that is caching anything too?

Cheers, Lee.

Feb 28, 2012 @ 13:28
    Daniel

Contents of <caching> are blank except for the file types I added through ISS7 in an attempt to fix the issue.

<caching>
    <profiles>
    <add extension=".cshtml" policy="CacheUntilChange" kernelCachePolicy="CacheUntilChange" />
    <add extension=".aspx" policy="CacheUntilChange" kernelCachePolicy="CacheUntilChange" />
    </profiles>
    </caching>

Got anything in regards to this?

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft