Copied to clipboard

Flag this post as spam?

This post will be reported to the moderators as potential spam to be looked at

• Ankita 42 posts 62 karma points
    Oct 20, 2011 @ 12:28
    Ankita

i got error when setup umbraco website in local iis server can anyone help i send the screenshot here

• Anthony pj 40 posts 63 karma points
    Oct 20, 2011 @ 12:39
    Anthony pj

Check that you are running the application pool in the correct version of asp.net for the version of umbraco that you are installing...........

• Rodion Novoselov 694 posts 859 karma points
    Oct 20, 2011 @ 12:42
    Rodion Novoselov

Hi. What versions of umbraco / .net framework do you use? I suspect some inconsistence between them in your settings.

Oct 20, 2011 @ 13:15
    Ankita

i tried it but there is not option like asp.net 3.5 but when i select defaultapppool even the get error 

• Rodion Novoselov 694 posts 859 karma points
    Oct 20, 2011 @ 13:23
    Rodion Novoselov

If you use a version of Umbraco built for 3.5 you need to set up your app pool to use .NET 2.0. (3.5 is actually a sort of 'extension' to 2.0.).

Oct 20, 2011 @ 13:28
    Anthony pj

Hi babita ,

trying googling "duplicate system.web.extensions/scripting/scriptresourcehandler defined"

ie http://forums.asp.net/t/1571308.aspx/1

also there is this post on umbraco forum

http://our.umbraco.org/forum/getting-started/installing-umbraco/8504-Does-umbraco-work-with-NET-4-framework?p=1

Oct 20, 2011 @ 13:28
    Ankita

hello Rodion thanks for reply.

Actually i am beginner in umbraco so i do not know much about it. I simply get a umbraco website. and tried to set up it in local iis server . if it  work  after then i have to  work using inbuilt sections of umbraco.. site..

Oct 20, 2011 @ 13:48
    Ankita

Hi,

Correct me if I made a mistake, do you close the  sectionGroup scripting?

I'm looking forward for your reply.

Oct 20, 2011 @ 14:29
    Ankita
    hello friends. i get  error when open the design of .aspx page , snapshot is as:
    Oct 20, 2011 @ 14:33
    Ankita

can anyone plz help me..

Oct 21, 2011 @ 07:54
    Ankita

i get this error when open umbraco site's connection string in iis local server , snapshot is as:

can anyone plz help me.

getting error in this code of web.config can anyone plz help me.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>
    <configuration>
      <configSections>
        <section name="urlrewritingnet" restartOnExternalChanges="true" requirePermission="false" type="UrlRewritingNet.Configuration.UrlRewriteSection, UrlRewritingNet.UrlRewriter" />

<!-- ASPNETAJAX -->
        <sectionGroup name="system.web.extensions" type="System.Web.Configuration.SystemWebExtensionsSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
          <sectionGroup name="scripting" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
            <section name="scriptResourceHandler" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingScriptResourceHandlerSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication"/>
            <sectionGroup name="webServices" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingWebServicesSectionGroup, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35">
              <section name="jsonSerialization" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingJsonSerializationSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="Everywhere" />
              <section name="profileService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingProfileServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" />
              <section name="authenticationService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingAuthenticationServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" />
              <section name="roleService" type="System.Web.Configuration.ScriptingRoleServiceSection, System.Web.Extensions, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31BF3856AD364E35" requirePermission="false" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" />
            </sectionGroup>
          </sectionGroup>
        </sectionGroup>

<sectionGroup name="applicationSettings" type="System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsGroup, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089">
          <section name="umbraco.presentation.Properties.Settings" type="System.Configuration.ClientSettingsSection, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089" requirePermission="false" />
        </sectionGroup>
      </configSections>

<urlrewritingnet configSource="config\UrlRewriting.config" />

Oct 21, 2011 @ 09:05
    Ankita

i get lots of errors when setup umbraco site on local iis server , getting error in a lists manner getting this error can anyone plz  help me....

Oct 21, 2011 @ 09:09
    Ankita

Is there anyone , who have any idea how to solve above problems

Oct 21, 2011 @ 11:21
    Anthony pj

babita ,

I suggest you start again , unless you hvae a specific reason not to I suggest that you use the Microsft web platform installer to install umbraco setup your database etc. http://www.microsoft.com/web/downloads/platform.aspx this will install the lastest version of umbraco for you together with the database, depending on your experinece you canthen choose to either use sql database which you can view via Microsodft SQL Server Manager or choose to setup SE embedded database.

This should have up up and running very quickly without all the issues you seem to be experiencing. 

Using teh installer will install umbraco version 4.7.1 running against asp.net 4 application pool.

Anthony

Oct 21, 2011 @ 12:18
    Ankita

Thanx Anthony

I'll try this !!!

Oct 21, 2011 @ 12:41
    Ankita

Hi Anthony

I tried this one, but  in content section there is nothing  whereas in content section there were lots of contents init . what reason behind it .

I imported the database but some data in tables  was not imported  , can it effect.

Please Sign in or register to post replies

Write your reply to:

Draft